Jerky video/discontinuities

Kevin Steggles

I've recently been suffering from jerky video and the number of discontinuities (whatever they are). I've reloaded everything, checked my PC for everything, tried different pci slots for my Skystar 2....you know, all the obvious stuff (including checking the forum!)

Any idea why this might have started happening?

support.zip

number of discontinuities (whatever they are).

Missing data packets, mostly due to bad signal / reception /weather conditions. What does DVBViewer display as signal quality (see status bar)?.

Thanks Griga. The reception should be as strong as ever as nothing's moved, and the same dish connects to two Sky Digiboxes which work fine.

According to setup4pc, the signal strength is a steady 70% and the SNR is around 10.0. The DVB status bar says 720 x 576 25fps 256kbps 48.0kHz and between 2.7 - 5.0MBit (fluctuates)

Edited by Kevin Steggles

It doesn't seem to be happening this morning (yet) but when it did, the discontinuities would run into the hundreds and happen pretty consistently. I've tried all sorts of decoder combinations, but nothing made any difference.

I rarely turn my computer off, but I did last night, so perhaps it's an overheating issue? I'll monitor things today.

More of a Rumba I'd say.

It seems to have sorted itself now, I've pointed a fan towards the card, and it seems to be fine, so I guess it was a heating issue.

Thanks