Can anyone help me configure it like this....

pmcguire

Hello,

Thanks for reading this, I should let you know what the project is and how far along I am. I need a HTPC that will be fully controlled by remote only. Basically I am trying to emulate the functionality and GUI of MCE but with the better and more flexible tuner support offered by DVBViewer.

Hardware is the FireDTV (DVB-S) and the Terratec 2400i (DVB-T) and the channels are loaded and working ok. I still need to sort out the channel numbering but I will come to that later.

I have the MCE remote and the Zalman HD160 case, latest software is loaded and they are talking to each other ok.

So can anyone offer some suggestions as to how I can acheive this? Basically I push "the green button" I want DVBViewer to start, I push the record button I just want to record quickly whatever I am watching, I push the guide button I want to see the EPG. But not the small windows style EPG but a big text bold idiot proof EPG.

I want the teletext button on the MCE remote to open teletext.

The main draw to MCE is the idiotproof GUI, if I can get even halfway there I will be happy. Sorry if this post comes across as demanding, it isn't meant to be, I also don't mind splashing some €€ to get what I want working.

one question, DVBViewer will wake the computer from standby to record wont it?

Thanks for listening.

Hello,

I have the MCE remote and the Zalman HD160 case, latest software is loaded and they are talking to each other ok.

So can anyone offer some suggestions as to how I can acheive this? Basically I push "the green button" I want DVBViewer to start, I push the record button I just want to record quickly whatever I am watching, I push the guide button I want to see the EPG. But not the small windows style EPG but a big text bold idiot proof EPG.

I want the teletext button on the MCE remote to open teletext.

Maybe you can use some stuff from here

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14931