Freecom DVB-T USB stick

paton

Hello,

Has anyone had any success using this USB stick with DVBViewer? I'm using the BDA drivers supplied on the Freecom website but had no joy getting DVBViewer to recognise the hardware. Any help much appreciated.

Hello,

Has anyone had any success using this USB stick with DVBViewer?

Now there's a thing - I was about to ask the same question. Someone on the Freecom conference reckons he has it working ok and DBViewer looks like exactly what i need to record radio. The included s/ware doesn't record radio reliably for some peculiar reason - it keeps stuttering, stopping, and the bit rate alters all the time. (TV records ok)

I wonder if it's a matter of adding the freecom details to am ini file somewhere. May take a look later, but an expert would be able to say 'yes' or 'no' immediately.

Has anyone had any success using this USB stick with DVBViewer?

Yes, I have a Freecom DVB-T USB Stick and it works very well with both DVBViewer Pro and GE.

You did try the "Scan Devices"-Button in Options -> Hardware?

Freecom has - confusingly - sold different versions of the stick under the same name (and in the same casing!) that require different BDA drivers.

You can tell them apart by looking at the serial number on the label on the back of the stick. The new version has a letter in the number; the old version has only numbers.

Follow the instructions here, download and run the supporttool and post the support.zip it generates.

@beermonster49: DVBViewer should be able to record radio from DVB-T using the Freecom Stick - it certainly does from DigitalSatellite. However as there are no radiotransmissions via DVB-T where I live I cannot confirm it.

@Mods: As this thread is apparently unrelated to the betaversion of DVBV would you kindly move it to an appropriate location?

Yes, I have a Freecom DVB-T USB Stick and it works very well with both DVBViewer Pro and GE.

You did try the "Scan Devices"-Button in Options -> Hardware?

@Mods: As this thread is apparently unrelated to the betaversion of DVBV would you kindly move it to an appropriate location?

I've carried this thread on in the English/General.