DVD playback

Simon82

Yesterday I've finally downloaded the full version 1.99 of DVBViewer and I think it's the best... absolutely the best supported and stable program for the Skystar2. I've seen that there's the possibility for DVD playback. I've tried this and my face was so --> :rolleyes:

The quality of the DVD Playback is so near to the Windvd Platinum that use my Motion Compensation and IDCT hardware decompression of my ATI card, and so my first question is: it use the B2C2 chip for decompress the mpeg2 stream or it is completly software like a normal DVD player? If it use completly the chip of the Skystar2 is it simile to a hardware decompression card like Hollywood+?

My feature request (if possible) is:

- AC3 support (5.1 analog channel support) for audio card that are enable to decode ac3 stream like Audigy, because I hear a normal audio stereo and not a 5.1 signal. Can it be possible to pass the DD5.1 stream to the audigy processor?

- Full dvd recording possibility (now recording is disable while I see dvd)

- A navigation bar (next chapter, play, stop.. )

[sorry for my sucking english]

:huh:

The quality of the DVD Playback is so near to the Windvd Platinum that use my Motion Compensation and IDCT hardware decompression of my ATI card, and so my first question is: it use the B2C2 chip for decompress the mpeg2 stream or it is completly software like a normal DVD player? If it use completly the chip of the Skystar2 is it simile to a hardware decompression card like Hollywood+?

Unfortunatly I'm not able to play DVD on my system.

But the B2C2 chip is not a decoder and also the DVB streams are decoded by the software and not by the card itself :rolleyes: .

damjang

Unfortunatly I'm not able to play DVD on my system.

But the B2C2 chip is not a decoder and also the DVB streams are decoded by the software and not by the card itself :huh: .

damjang

Really? :rolleyes:

I tought it was an MPEG2 decoder itself.. I've read somewhere that the B2C2 chip was born with the help of Sigma Design, the creator of the Hollywood+ chip/layout.