HD and DVBViewer Pro - anyone got it working?

Satfreakje

Hello,

recently purchased DVBViewer Pro and after customising it, i also wanted to include some FTA HD channels (Astra HD) .

After trying different codecs i gave up, the screen just stays blank and the small OSD-window tells no data is available.

I also tried the latest beta without any luck. :(

Downloaded the latest GE-version and there it works just fine, even using different codecs.

Is this a known bug in the Pro version?

I use a skystar2 card.

Any help is appreciated,

Geert

ok, so here's my support.zip

I just re-installed DVBViewer Pro 3.5.0.1 but no luck on Astra HD.

Tried DVBViewer GE 2.0.2.0 and the Astra HD works like a charm.

Tried DVBViewer TE : Astra HD works like a charm.

I'm puzzled... :(

support.zip

Hi Derrick,

In the Pro version i performed a channel scan on Astra19°E first before selecting any channel. In the GE version i ran it straight out of the box, thus without doing a channel scan first.

Shouldn't i try it the other way around, meaning upload the GE .ini file (which works) in the Pro?

Don't know whether it might help but last night i recorded a piece of Astra HD (MPEG2) in the GE version and opened it in the Pro version to play and that went fine. The Pro version can play the recording.

I also notice that when i select Astra HD, the logo is displayed in the top left corner for a second or 2 and than the screen goes blank. No sound either.

Has anybody got this working in the Pro version 3.5.0.1 : Astra HD channel or National Geographic HD on Astra19°E (both are MPEG2, not H264) !? Please post which decoder you are using.

Derrick, i will try your proposal tonight.

Edited by Satfreakje

Derrick,

great idea! It seems to work now. I exported the Astra HD.ini from the GE version and imported it into the Pro version and it works !? :(

I compared both and there are differences in values in:

Transponder : Frequence and Stream ID

Channel : PMT PID and Service PID

In the Pro version i scanned the complete Astra19°E and the AstraHD has different values which don't seem to work although it finds the channel !?

Can someone explain this? Is this normal behaviour? It's rather confusing.

interesting. I'll scan the Astra 19E channels tonight with Transedit to see whether they are inline with the channel scan in the Pro version. If there's a difference there must be something wrong with the channel scan in the Pro version. (as mentioned in other thread)

Thanks Derrick, your help is much appreciated. :D

i was assuming this was a CODEC issue in the Pro version, see where it has led us.

Anyway, i still find DVBViewer the best DVB application out there !

:bye: