Updating Video thumbs from online databases

markymark

Hi,

it would be very useful to include the capability to update the thumbnails from IMDB/OFDB similar to the way supported by mediaportal.

However, since I realize that most work is currently going into enhancing the DVB capabilities, e.g., w.r.t. HDTV support, I would be willing to support such an effort, e.g., to provide delphi classes implementing the required functions.

Providing this functionality through a plugin seems to be a problem since I do not see how dealing with the thumbnails is available through the API. Furthermore, it may be desirable to support additional information (e.g., actors, year, etc., through the data model).

So is there a way to get such a function in ?

Best regards

Markymark

No, we won't steal copyright protected material from websites...

Maybe you should read the rules of imdb and ofdb more carefully :(

I was guessing something like this ... However, Mediaportal does so, Sceneo too ... usually at least the latter care about such issues.

Maybe the situation is different for IMDB since MP seems to have dropped support for anything else in the latest builds???

I was guessing something like this ... However, Mediaportal does so, Sceneo too ... usually at least the latter care about such issues.

Maybe the situation is different for IMDB since MP seems to have dropped support for anything else in the latest builds???

Ok, I just checked for IMDB and the require a written letter which they provide after contacting the "license departmant". Sounds like they MAY be willing to allow use of their data, though it is not extremely likely :(