Switching to a non-broadcasting encypted channel crashes CAM

Klaus_1250

Whenever I switch to an encrypted channel, which is not broadcasting, DVBViewer crashes my Alphacrypt (reboot neccessary to get it up again). I can still watch FTA-channels, but none of the encrypted channels work anymore and the CAM gives an error when trying to access it.

I tested this on purpose, since many STB's exhibit similiar behaviour. They either crash on non-broadcasting channels, or crash when a channel stops broadcasting (and the only solution is a reboot).

I'm not to keen on DVB yet, but from the various topics I've read, it has to do with SDT, PMT's and MPEG-stills

Guest Lars_MQ

Well why a bug report for the DVBViewer? obviously it's CAM (Hardware) related. The DVBViewer does nothing out of the ordinary and if the CAM can't handle a "empty" channel, what are we supposed to do?

@Klaus, for a better understanding of what is the reason for this behaviour, you could use transedit's analyzer, save the mux data as xml (deactivate EIT in transedit's setting) and post this file with an indication of an "empty channel".

save the mux data as xml

Stupid question, but... how do I do that exactly? Analyze the frequency, slecect the transponder and than Save as XML?

@lars: the reason is, that both TwinhanDTV and myTheatre show different behaviour.