News pages in OSD

IRa

Some news pages seems to get scandinavian fonts in wrong way (it seems that those *.xml pages has encoding="UTF-8" instead of encoding="ISO-8859-1) Is there anything that can be done in DVBViewer side?

In settings there is no possibility to edit the news feed, the edit button is always gray and only way to edit is to delete it and make a new one.

In new default skin the news image is located in teh same place as small video window (which is far too small anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
Some news pages seems to get scandinavian fonts in wrong way .........

Anything about the matter or should it be posted to "bug report section"?

You can use the OSD-Skin Editor to change positions and sizes of almost all elements:

But what to change ? I already tried to change the encoding in myrss.xml to UTF-8 but it didn't change anything. Should the font type be changed? Some rss feeds show OK but those with encoding of UTF-8 doesn't.

You need to assigna new font or replace an older one. These font items are stored in the font.xml and the advantage is that if you change the values all pages are updated automaticly.

Christian

You need to assigna new font or replace an older one. These font items are stored in the font.xml and the advantage is that if you change the values all pages are updated automaticly.

Christian

All fonts in font.xml were different size of arial narrow. Replacing iso-8859-1 in font.xml to UTF-8 didn't also make any difference. What could be done ?

Hi IRa!

Not 100% sure, but I would try this:

1) open the news-page in the skin-editor

2) ADD a new font (VIEW / FONTS) in the size you want, add different sizes and styles as you need them.

3) for each of the elements on the page that do not show the correct fonts:

a.) click on it

b.) chose the font in the VIEW / PROPERTIES pane (the one you added before)

Hope it helps :D

.. if not: sorry :)

Not 100% sure, but I would try this:

Thanks steph99 but it did not help either, I thing it must have something to about how the program handels the feed, not a font problem since some rrs feeds are OK some not, debending if they use iso-8859-1 or UTF-8.