MPEG2 HD HW acceleration not working with live broadcast

mitsu

Geforce 7600GS with latest drivers. If I select HW acceleration with any MPEG2 HD channel only black screen is shown. Audio is OK. Same thing with Sonic Cinemaster and Cyberlink DTV decoders. This problem only with live broadcast. Recordings work also with HW acceleration activated.

This might be Nvidia problem but I don't know what to report. Something between DVBSource, decoder and Nvidia drivers. HW acceleration causes occasional chashes obviously caused by the Geforce card.

Edit: Support.zip could not be attached because of file space limit. I can attach it later if needed.

Edited by mitsu

I had the same issue with the original TwinhanDTV software. Hardware acceleration + HD channel gave a black screen. You might want to try choosing Overlay instead of VMR7/VMR9 to see if it makes a difference. I also read somewhere that hardware deinterlacing + hardware acceleration could give some problems, as well as running ffdshow raw video filter + hardware acceleration.

I had the same issue with the original TwinhanDTV software. Hardware acceleration + HD channel gave a black screen. You might want to try choosing Overlay instead of VMR7/VMR9 to see if it makes a difference. I also read somewhere that hardware deinterlacing + hardware acceleration could give some problems, as well as running ffdshow raw video filter + hardware acceleration.

Same thing with all overlay and VMR7/9. There must be something really wrong with HW acceleration of the Nvidia card. I get BSOD after one minute of HW accelerated watching of any SD channel.

Out of curiosity, are you using the PCI-E or AGP version? As for the NVidia drivers, I never found them to be really stable :-(

Edited by Klaus_1250
Out of curiosity, are you using the PCI-E or AGP version? As for the NVidia drivers, I never found them to be really stable :-(

I use AGP because I happen to have a few Pentiums with 478 socket.

AGP-versions seem to have issues with hardware acceleration, which aren't resolved AFAIK. Lost the link, but one webstore even had a footnote on its website saying not all hardware acceleration features worked on AGP-version of the 6xxx and 7xxx series. Acoording to the Nvidia website, there should be no problem though.