No picture on DVB-S2 HD/H.264 - Technotrend 3200

politby

Greetings,

I'm a newcomer to this forum so my apologies if this is a repeat post.

I have a Technotrend DVB-S2-3200 card with CI that I'm trying to use with DVBViewer. It works very well with all my standard DVB-S SD channels, even the encrypted ones (Conax).

However, on HD channels broadcasting in H.264 on DVB-S2 I get no picture (black screen). I used Transedit to scan for the channels and they were all found and correctly identified, with the correct video and audio streams. I have the CoreAVC and nVIDIA H.264 and MPEG/AC3 codecs installed.

I would suspect this is a codec issue but all codecs are correctly shown in the DirectX section of the DVBViewer setup options. Since the decryption works on the SD cannels I'd suspect that isn't the problem.

Any ideas?

Please use a new Transponder file and please keep in mind: "Always use the latest version if you might have problems with your dvb adapter". These versions are ONLY available on our members section! Without assuming something, older applications (especially those found 'somewhere' the www) do not work with S2 and H264.

Please use a new Transponder file and please keep in mind: "Always use the latest version if you might have problems with your dvb adapter". These versions are ONLY available on our members section! Without assuming something, older applications (especially those found 'somewhere' the www) do not work with S2 and H264.

I used the latest version of Transedit (downloaded yesterday) as well as DVBViewer. I picked the Thor 2,3 transponder from the list provided and searched the appropriate frequencies, and found the channels.

All the DVB-S channels which do work were scanned the exact same way.

thanks

/POL

Edited by politby

entering the transponder data manually into transedit should work. I had a look at lyngsat. All dvb-s2 transponders (exactly 2 ;) ) are 8psk modulated. That should work. There has been an issue with qpsk but that should be solved in the latest beta from today.

Please post your support.zip (after upgrading to the latest beta). It sounds like a decoder problem but that's only a guess. Though without subscription and the right module it will always be guessing..

Hi, i also had the same problem, i seems that the current DVBViewer does not support S2\h264.

I downloaded the newest beta version from members section, and added the dvb-s2/h.264 channels with transedit.

And i am receiving the channels, but the picture is not any good, it has a kind of "low fps" and poor picture quality.

I am using the PowerDVD H.264 Codec.

Hi, i also had the same problem, i seems that the current DVBViewer does not support S2\h264.

I downloaded the newest beta version from members section, and added the dvb-s2/h.264 channels with transedit.

And i am receiving the channels, but the picture is not any good, it has a kind of "low fps" and poor picture quality.

I am using the PowerDVD H.264 Codec.

Okay, so that would be version 3.5.0.100, am I right? I've installed that version but I'm still getting an empty picture.

Works fine in the TT Media Center application that came with the card, but that software is unstable as heck and regularly causes BSOD so I don't want to use it.

/POL

Okay, so that would be version 3.5.0.100, am I right? I've installed that version but I'm still getting an empty picture.

Works fine in the TT Media Center application that came with the card, but that software is unstable as heck and regularly causes BSOD so I don't want to use it.

/POL

/POL

it is Version BETA 3.5.0.50 from beta download section.

In the product notes it is written: Fix: DVB-S2: Fixed another problem on tuning DVB-S2 devices.

Edit: i see that the 0.100 version is ready for download, havent tried that version, but im sure it is almost the same

Edited by espeneppi
  • 1 month later...
Greetings,

I'm a newcomer to this forum so my apologies if this is a repeat post.

I have a Technotrend DVB-S2-3200 card with CI that I'm trying to use with DVBViewer. It works very well with all my standard DVB-S SD channels, even the encrypted ones (Conax).

However, on HD channels broadcasting in H.264 on DVB-S2 I get no picture (black screen). I used Transedit to scan for the channels and they were all found and correctly identified, with the correct video and audio streams. I have the CoreAVC and nVIDIA H.264 and MPEG/AC3 codecs installed.

I would suspect this is a codec issue but all codecs are correctly shown in the DirectX section of the DVBViewer setup options. Since the decryption works on the SD cannels I'd suspect that isn't the problem.

Any ideas?

after reading the many posts I finally managed you get a picture with my technotrend DVB -S2 dvb card and CI attachment. I have a picture in HD using H.264 pwerdvd codec. My PC is Amd dual core 4800+ with 2 gig mem, and nvidia gs7600 garphics card current processor usage on HD is 43 to 48.

My question to relates to the HD picture currently runing at 1920x1088 25fps the picture is good but only slightly better than SD how can i improve the 1920x1088.

many thanks

regards

wwe