Stalled Viewing ?

Dvb-tv

3.5.0.24 Using vmr-9 or vmr-7 modes and overlay modes with DVBViewer, hardware acceleration on or off.

When watching tv on pc monitor, frameless - full screen whilst recording. At some pont the picture stalls. Doing the same with expanded frame window mode this seems not to happen so far. Only option is to restar DVBViewer to continue recording.

Edited by Dvb-tv
  • 2 weeks later...

Tonight i have partly watched a film, this time in windowed mode. This 3.50.100 crashed as above. Also the recoding stopped, the recoding i found out does stop each and every time.

I use WMPClassic for normal video playback it never ever crashes, and neither has any other player i have tried. This software looks like it is using WMPC so why does it crash.

So far with this software i have given you many examples of bugs and needs. For which not one of them have been fixed or implemented. This bug is a serious bug, i need to have reliable pvr recorder.

I am now looking around for alternative bda software, one that gives me correct recording with SID, PMT and PATs. A software that does not crash, a software that i can have correct dates and all epg listings. A software that corrects the many other misgivings such as good dual tuner support and features i have suggested for that. An inbuilt scheduler instead of some stupid unreliable scheduler plugin. A plugin that supports the GE version more than it does the PRO version. I could list many others, i decline these are already posted on the forum in different threads.

A software where there is support and feedback from the developers. My first post on this subject had never been answered to, but 70+ reads from others.

Stalled crash whatever you call it is a serious problem for any software. But it seems DVBViewer does not take it seriously.

I only need a 100% working pvr recorder, that does work and above all has support. No support i have yet seen ever, except the one about the ISO thread i wrote. Yes yout tool says there is errors, yes ts reader and dvb explorer says there are errors.

As previous and with this crash the log file says zilch. Yes i had previously uploaded my pc system info to you. Yes other bda pvr softwares make legal recordings that have no errors.

What else can a user of DVBViewer do but, write here to tell you how it really is. I hope this post gets better support than there is now.

Edited by Dvb-tv

I have also got this frozen screen problem. It appears when watching and recording at the same time. I believe this is a side effect when the audio/video have been selected to be disabled when recording.

When a preset recording starts in the background, the viewed channel freezes. It can be activated again by graph rebuild.

For finding out whether issues like this are really DVBViewer Pro-related or not, it is useful to

- remove all plugins

- test DVBViewer GE (see members area, read the ReadMe!), that handles several things differently.

Have no plugins installed, using only DVBViewer pro.

I disliked GE last i used it a while ago. For multi channel recording it needed the VideoRec plugin to operate correctly. It seemed to me as a bare bones test application, which why i use DVBViewer pro.

I will look at the current GE release notes and manual. To see if the VideoRec plugin is still needed. If it is i will not be able to test it, i need every recording to be good.

I thought the GE engine was identical to the pro version, it seems not.

The VRP is not required for multi channel recordings anymore. However, there is no up-to-date Englisch manual, since it is impossible for me to manage all this in my spare time - sorry.

I didn't ask you to use DVBViewer GE. Just perform a comparative test.