h264 only works with cyberlink filter.

johnb

Hi All,

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, but I have read the manual and searched the forum to no avail.

I'm trying to receive the BBC terrestial HD transmissions from Crystal Palace using a Hauppage nova-t-500.

I can only get pictures when I select the Cyberlink H264 decoder under options/directx etc.

I've got coreavc and and ATI mpeg decoder, but neither give me pics. Audio is ok, but the screen is black.

I've attached the support.zip file.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

J.

support.zip

Hi All,

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, but I have read the manual and searched the forum to no avail.

I'm trying to receive the BBC terrestial HD transmissions from Crystal Palace using a Hauppage nova-t-500.

I can only get pictures when I select the Cyberlink H264 decoder under options/directx etc.

I've got coreavc and and ATI mpeg decoder, but neither give me pics. Audio is ok, but the screen is black.

I've attached the support.zip file.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

J.

when using Core codec experiment with VMR 7 & 9 aswell as unchanged, ATI codec does not work (I think it is for mpeg 2 only and has somehow ended up in the HD selection box)

when using Core codec experiment with VMR 7 & 9 aswell as unchanged, ATI codec does not work (I think it is for mpeg 2 only and has somehow ended up in the HD selection box)

That make senses, but unfortunately for me doesn't answer why the core decoder doesn't work :-(

J.

That make senses, but unfortunately for me doesn't answer why the core decoder doesn't work :-(

J.

does this mean you have now got Core to work with one of the settings, and you want to know why it does not work with the other or it still just does not work !!!!

No, Sorry. I didn't make myself clear. Core still doesn't work. I was saying that I understand that the ATI is mpeg rather than H264 and that's why THAT doesn't work, but I hadn't realised it until you pointed it out.

J.