Computer reboot with Technotrend S2 3200 and Cyberlink codecs

cluster

Hi all!

I'm new on this forum and I have a problem: I have a satellite card Technotrend S2 3200 and if I try to view the promo HD channels of Euro1080 from Eutelsat W3 at 7 EST or French's HD test from Atlantic Bird at 5 WEST through Cyberlink codecs with DxVA option active (acceleration hardware) the OS reboot itself after some second! (No problem with other channels SDTV and HDTV)

This problem happen with all “DVB readers” (included TT-Mediacenter and DVBViewer PRO and GE!!!!!).

How I can resolve this problem?

This is my HW configuration:

- CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (no overclock)

- MB ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (no overclock)

- VGA nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB Point of View (no overclock)

- RAM 2GB Corsaire in dual channel 4 x 512MB (no overclock)

- HDD 2 x Maxtor 6L300S0 SATA I (no RAID, AHCI enable)

- OS Windows XP Professional Edition SP2 Italian 32bit

With the last driver and Cyberlink codecs from support CD of the Technotrend card in object.

Thanks! :jump:

PS

Sorry for my bad english :bye:

@cluster,

Well come to the forum.

I face the same problem with a similar configuration ((E6700, P5W DH DLX & Nvidia 7900).

Look to my topic :"Weak reception of H264 channel = DVBViewer crash"

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14887

My solution is to use the PDVD 7 H.264 codec with the DxVA option disabled. until PDVD 7 & nVidia will improve there drivers.

Rittberg

• 2 weeks later...

As suggested above, this is nothing to do with DVBViewer. It's an Nvidia bug with certain drivers, and you can trigger it with any dxva use.

On my systems, the one with 81.98 crashes as above, the one with 96.xx is perfectly stable.