FF/RW with video instead of jump ?

gibman

Using the JUMP feature when playing back TS/mpeg or AVI files is bad I think.

Atleast when we don't have the option to also to fast forward/rewind with a fast/slow moving picture, as most mediaplayers often do.

Any chance this will ever get implemented ?

Something like this...

Hit fast forward once and it speeds up to 1.5x

Hit it again and 2.0x

Hit it again and 6.0x

Hit it again and 10.0x

Hit it again and normal speed.

Maybe even make this configurable ?

/Gibman

Hi All!

I'd like to second this approach.

If "real fast forward" (moving pictures) for timeshift recordings etc. isn't possible:

it would improve things a lot(!) if it was possible to skip 10secs, 1min, 5mins and 10mins in the way gibman proposed above. Possibly even user configurable(?).

Maybe a feature like the user configurable wait time for channel changes could be used here? I.E. if button is pressed again within x msecs then increase skip-period, else repeat...

thanks for listening

steph99

Guest Lars_MQ

Oh yes this is quite possible. Simply burn a dvd from the stuff, the ms-dvd navigator is able to handle up to 8 times ffw and rev if the codec supports it.

If you use the search you might find several explanation why it is not possible.