Video output disappears when moving to 2nd display

politby

Greetings,

This may be a display driver thing, but it appears only with the DVBViewer application so I'll post here. I have my projector connected to the DVI output of my NVidia 6200 card, and also a standard TFT monitor connected to the VGA output.

I have the VGA configured as the main display and the DVI output as secondary because I mostly use the monitor, the projector only for some output.

If I have DVBviever running on the VGA display and then drag its window over to the secondary display, the picture disappears and I get just a black window with audio.

Does DVBViewer have to be running on the primary display in order to display the picture?

Thanks

P O Litby

May depend on the rendering mode. Have you already tried VMR 9 (Options -> DirectX)?

I would use the NVidia clone mode (same output on VGA and DVI) and additionally configure the secondary display for full screen video, which means, video is always displayed as full screen, even if the application is running "windowed" or minimized on the main display. Works pretty well here with my old GeForce MX 440 and TV set.

May depend on the rendering mode. Have you already tried VMR 9 (Options -> DirectX)?

I would use the NVidia clone mode (same output on VGA and DVI) and additionally configure the secondary display for full screen video, which means, video is always displayed as full screen, even if the application is running "windowed" or minimized on the main display. Works pretty well here with my old GeForce MX 440 and TV set.

I would like to be able to use clone mode, however as I understand it that requires both displays (clones) to be set to the same resolution. My projector is 1280x720 while the VGA display is 1280x1024. If I set both to 1280x720 the VGA display does not look good in MCE2005 (which I use to play music) and I want to keep the DVI output the same as the projector's native resolution.

Any more ideas?

/POL

however as I understand it that requires both displays (clones) to be set to the same resolution.

Here the monitor and TV out are set to different resolutions. They can be configured independently. However, I don't know how NVidia handles the VGA / DVI combo.

Here the monitor and TV out are set to different resolutions. They can be configured independently. However, I don't know how NVidia handles the VGA / DVI combo.

Both have to have the same resolution, unfortunately. The ideal would be if I could use "dualview" config which allows the displays to have different resolutions and just extends the desktop onto the second display. If then the video overlay output could always be directed to the DVI display, then all would be exactly as I want it.

/POL

Both have to have the same resolution, unfortunately. The ideal would be if I could use "dualview" config which allows the displays to have different resolutions and just extends the desktop onto the second display. If then the video overlay output could always be directed to the DVI display, then all would be exactly as I want it.

/POL

Well, it appears this problem has solved itself. I had some issues with the Technotrend driver so I did a system restore and reinstalled the whole thing including DVBViewer from scratch, and now I can move the application between displays with no issues.

Interestingly, if I start up DVBViewer on the VGA display and then drag it over to the (dual view) DVI/projector display, a video window remains on the VGA display, displaying the video simultaneously. Intentional or side effect? :blink:

/POL

• 8 months later...