Subtitle problems

Berg

I am using DVBwiever Pro together with a Terratec 2400i DVB-T card under XP MCE 2005.

This basically works just fine, except for the subtitles - which are absolutely crucial here in Denmark as maybe 50% of all programming have subtitles. I don't know for sure that this problem lies within DVBwiever and not in the tunercard, but I was told it was a software issue, so I will post it here and hope to get some feedback.

There are a number of different problems:

1. The first line of the subtitles is often very poor quality - low-res or out of focus somehow.

2. The subtitles tend to "stick", so one of the first subtitle lines in a movie will be displayed over and over again on top of the next subtitles - often bunched together at the bottom in a single unreadable line.

3. When using timeshift, the subtitles just keep going - they are not timeshifted together with the picture.

4. When recording, the subtitles are not recorded, even though I have selected TS format and clicked the boxes regarding subtitles in the recording options.

I have been trying to solve these problems the last 4 months, and have just about given up on the whole HTPC project now, so any and all help wil be very much appreciated!

Thanks..

This basically works just fine, except for the subtitles - which are absolutely crucial here in Denmark as maybe 50% of all programming have subtitles.

We use also DVB subtitles in Finland and DVBViewer has managed with them very well for a long time ago since last summer (since DVBV 3.4.11 beta)

Timeshift works, they are recorded alright. Are you using latest version?

First of all: My humblest apologies ! :)

Your replies made me realize that I had somehow missed updating to version 3.5. (very sorry about that..)

After updating basically all of my subtitle problems are now solved ! :bye:

I still can't adjust the font and size of the subtitles, but at least now they seem to work almost perfect - just some slight timing issues.

But thx anyways..

Guest Lars_MQ
I still can't adjust the font and size of the subtitles, but at least now they seem to work almost perfect - just some slight timing issues.

DVBSubtitles are pictures (more graphical objects) in the ts, no text, so that's why you can not adjust them.