Twinhan DTV3.0 build 06-02N

Benarty

Currently version 3.0 installed

The native digitalrise software runs fine with the cam but here also the tipical locks where video stops suddenly for unknown reasons. But at least, it can work with the seca II cam.

So if that works, then we does it not work with DVBViewer?

The occasions where I get OSD info, then DVBViewer reports the channels as locked so it's obvious that DVBViewer is not able to communicate

Bwah, I've tried all drivers now and different mpeg decoders , changed hardware (except twinhan) and there are less problems then before but still no stability, meaning, working for example 7 hours without any interruption. Set top boxes can do it so??

The industry was pushing the customers toward software decoders since computers where fast enough but the problem with pc's is that it's entirely a software environment so also more risky to bump into problems.

And now that it's known that DVB-S2 and Mpeg4/H264 will be used for HDTV transmission, do you really think that they will offer hardware decoder cards? Sure not. The funny part is, there are set top boxes at this moment that support dvb-s2 and mpeg4/H264 which use hardware decoder.

Bah bweik, bah

OK, I have to buy another DVB-S or S2 card but what's the guarantee that the new card will do the job properly? None.

FYI Twinhan now also has a 3.1 (beta) version out, and also new drivers (1.0.3.0) for the Mantis versions. You might give those a shot. One other thing you might want to try is use the tool in the Twinhan driver set to decrypt channels. They released a seperate tool for MCE to handle decryption, which you might be able to use in non-MCE envirorements. I tried it out, seemed to work, though not as well as aspected and caused one BSOD (Driver less or equal...)

Hello,

SS2[edit]Much faster than regular Aston CAM.[/edit]

Alternativly one can buy the new Technotrend DVB-S2 card but I am not sure the CI is well supported as I have some reports about issues with the Nova CI/TT budget with CI(BDA driver). So again the Phoenix will help.

This advice is valid for Twinhan cards too, even with CI.

I have tested the 1030a+CAM ASton 1.05 with the new DTV 3: terrible expérience! Many freezes with the software and one have to launch the CI Console under DVBViewver, not convenient at all!

One can also look to the new Powercam I have heard it is compatible with the Mantis version.

Cheers

Edited by Trifon

@ Benarty

Try the PRO-version V 3.2.6 (.80) with WDM still in the member area, too.

This one makes to less Discontinuities than the current one PRO in half a minute with me under W2K in an hour!

Supplement:

3 hours record : 0 Errors!

@ Benarty

Try the PRO-version V 3.2.6 (.80) with WDM still in the member area, too.

This one makes to less Discontinuities than the current one PRO in half a minute with me under W2K in an hour!

Supplement:

3 hours record : 0 Errors!

The nokia 9500S lost never frames or lockups , it should run stable and stable means without locking.

You just confirmed that it is a DVBViewer problem which i've expected cause since BDA does not support cam then DVBViewer must do it. Ok, there are various cam's and it might be difficult to really support them all properly but i was talking about provider cams and at least they should be supported well enough.

The cam menu is too limited in such circumstances.

I have no clue where the the developers put most efforts in...example adding more features(?) but it seems to me that good CAM support is THE most important, sure within europe where multible sat providers scramble their transmissions. So...table cam support is extremely important.

Yes, tried windows2000 and first came the problem to install it, close to the end while registering the files sudden lockup. I did found out what the cullprit was and was just in time to end task two rundll's and setup did continue. But I lost the dual cpu support so dual core became single core and, windows2000 could not detect the full capacity of the 300GB harddisk. Both during setup time as later, once windows2000 SP4 was installed, no change in disk managment, the 300GB beacme a 160GB.

So am back to XP home now (yes, had to call Microsoft).

I don't think that XP causes the problem as slong as some idiotic programs that not belong to a pvr are not used and windows2000 is not so good with dual core. It does (should) support it but not as good as xp does.

Not needed to day, HDTV with single core versus dual core......ok , our TV doesn't support HDTV resolution so that's not important at this moment.

FYI Twinhan now also has a 3.1 (beta) version out, and also new drivers (1.0.3.0) for the Mantis versions. You might give those a shot. One other thing you might want to try is use the tool in the Twinhan driver set to decrypt channels. They released a seperate tool for MCE to handle decryption, which you might be able to use in non-MCE envirorements. I tried it out, seemed to work, though not as well as aspected and caused one BSOD (Driver less or equal...)

I know, customers are the best beta testers but not everyone want's to participate under those circumstances.

Ok, at DVBViewer side: add an extended cam menu that allows to switch on/off everything of the communication between cam and DVBViewer.

Now, my other half starts to complain and she's right , I need a stable working situation presented on a golden platter meanwhile in a short period. 25th of this month.

So there's not much time left to experiment.

3.1 is beta BDA , none of the BDA drivers work om CI side and that's real pita cause BDA offers faster channel switching and performs well on FTA

Edited by Benarty
Hello,

SS2[edit]Much faster than regular Aston CAM.[/edit]

Alternativly one can buy the new Technotrend DVB-S2 card but I am not sure the CI is well supported as I have some reports about issues with the Nova CI/TT budget with CI(BDA driver). So again the Phoenix will help.

This advice is valid for Twinhan cards too, even with CI.

I have tested the 1030a+CAM ASton 1.05 with the new DTV 3: terrible expérience! Many freezes with the software and one have to launch the CI Console under DVBViewver, not convenient at all!

One can also look to the new Powercam I have heard it is compatible with the Mantis version.

Cheers

This is not an aston cam, but it is a secaII/Mediaguard cam.

I had to buy the original provider cam to rule a problem on that side out.

This system would be used as mediacenter, so no mouse and keyboard , just remote control so fiddling around with DVBViewer or worse, external applications is not the way to go.

1030A is not a mantis.

The problem is: ok, there are other cards but who says that the problem will then be solved ?

And the funny part: I did warn years ago (2001) that the pure sofware solution would be more problematic compared with hardware decoders

Oh and Twinhan: if their cards are as good as their wensite, oh my. Their website is frequently down.

Edited by Benarty

@Benarty, could you please focus on a problem ? I have more and more difficulties in reading you postings.

The nokia 9500S lost never frames or lockups

What are you talking about ? The 9500s is not a CI-receiver. The hardware is identical with the well known dbox1.

@Benarty, could you please focus on a problem ? I have more and more difficulties in reading you postings.

What are you talking about ? The 9500s is not a CI-receiver. The hardware is identical with the well known dbox1.

There are multiple problems but then I've upgraded hardware and bigger problems became minor

but it depens on which approach I take, wdm versus bda. So, post dates are in fact based on different situations but since it's raletad to DVBViewer ...ok , here with the current setup:

MSI I945GT Speedster AR4 mainboard

Intel T2500 dual core 2Ghz

1GB DDRII 667Mhz

300GB Samsung spinpoint SataII harddisk

Gigabyte ATI1600Pro-256MB videoram videocard (onboard I945GM disabled now)

Twinhan DVB-S CI 1030A + Mediaguard cam (SECA II): canal digitaal smartcard

DVBvieuwe: 3.5 and latest beta tested.

Faults:

WDM works for some time, FTA shows sometimes frames lost..meaning, sort of rapid dia show and it doesn't stop, rebuild graph doesn't help. This is now better with the ati1600 but still happens. On CI side: works good for minutes but then suddenly DVBViewer hangs, only solution is to end task it.

Beta version : video and audio stop, rebuild graph doesn't work, DVBViewer can sometimes be closed (X).

BDA great for FTA, faster channel zapping but no cam support. Still not stable enough .

DVBViewer can lock/video/audio freeze after 1 -2 hours or longer.

The times I do get to see the channel OSD then the lock symbol is shown so it's clear that there's no cam support at that time.

So conclusion: NOT stable. (now how manu times do I have to repeat that)

The biggest problem is: it's not a fixed time, meaning, not really reproducable, it can happen after 2 minutes or 40 minutes. And yes, I've been testeing all possible settings both in DVB vieuwer as software decoders ...I did not track the time but sure more then 40 hours testing upto windows re-install, older windows version (windows2000), latest beta drivers, 5 times called to microsoft to re-active windowsXP.

I have simply no options anymore. It's out of my hands.

Nokia mediamaster 9500S is our older set top box, only used for FTA since there was no local sat provider

at that time. The 9500S has built in Irdeto in this case, and you can not insert another cam since part of the CAM logic is embedded onto the main PCB. (btw, has been tested) But I use this receiver as reference on video quality side and stability. A mediacenter that hangs after some time is not acceptable or sudden frames lost

Edited by Benarty