Recording Mutiple Channels

bmbsa

Hi there,

I have a satellite card from technisat (Sky Star 2)..

I beleive that DVBViewer TE doesn't have the feature of recording multiple channels but it's available for other versions as listed on the website (recording of multiple channels mediafiles in the same time).

Would I be able to record two different channels simultaneously into two different files using one card (technisat) if I purchased the version that supports this feature?

Thanks

Edited by bmbsa
Ten or more channels with SkyStar and PRO/GE.

Wow... I just need to capture 2 or 3 different channels at the same time.

Is SkyStar the best satellite card? Which satellite card can best handle the process of video capturing ?

Thank you

I just need to capture 2 or 3 different channels

If they are located on different transponders (frequencies) you will need two or three DVB tuners. A single DVB card can receive only one frequency at a time, but mostly the broadcasted data stream contains several channels.

Is SkyStar the best satellite card?

The SkyStar2 is a good and reliable card. However, it is always a kind of gamble, because nobody is able to predict how card X will behave in an unknown PC Y. You will have to try.

Which satellite card can best handle the process of video capturing ?

If the card works well, capturing (recording) is more a software thing, not hardware.

If they are located on different transponders (frequencies) you will need two or three DVB tuners. A single DVB card can receive only one frequency at a time, but mostly the broadcasted data stream contains several channels.

The SkyStar2 is a good and reliable card. However, it is always a kind of gamble, because nobody is able to predict how card X will behave in an unknown PC Y. You will have to try.

If the card works well, capturing (recording) is more a software thing, not hardware.

Hi guys....

Sorry I myself have a SS2 pci card ... I cant seem to get going.... Ive tried to scan channel

but never finishes the sat it starts to scan...... I followed the Manual to a teeth.... the only thing

That I did not do is regestering the .ax file .... after creating the subfolder called ... Regfilter...

I ve tried to open this ... Radlight Filtermanager ... to register the .ax files ... I could not

it says that I have to login... wel the DVBViewer I m using now is the TE version..... not the

pro... I understoud that I dont neeed to register to start using this card.....

Any one of you guys has some input in this please let me Know

Thnaks