Beta 3.5.0.121 cannot play video of captured HDTV movies

ginacman

Using Beta 3.5.0.121, I realized that video is now black when playing back hdtv captured contents.

Also, hdtv movies, previously captured with 3.5.0.101 and earlier, are not reproduced correctly any longer.

While playing back, View->Filters shows up only three filters (Defaut Directsound Device, Cyberllink audio Decoder PDVD7, DVB Source), while normally they are five, i.e. including the Video Renderer and the Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder PDVD7. At any rate audio keeps getting played back always with no problems, and all SD sources are captured and correctly played back.

I tried alternative video renderers (overlay mixer, VMR7 and VMR9), with no success.

Interestingly enough, the problem is experienced with H.264 HD contents only, regardless of their resolution, both being 1920x1088 or 1280x1088, and NOT with mpeg2 1920x1088 programs.

It definitely seems a problem related to the 3.5.0.121 beta and the Cyberlink H.264 decoder, not tried any alternative decoder though.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem..can't record/playback H264.

On the other hand..I don't think I've tried to record H264 before either..is it supposed to work..?!?

Any comments from the gurus.. -_- ..?