streaming HD channels

pastimer

Today i mamaged for the first time to stream HD channels with DVBViewer and get something 'viewable' on vlc. (i have coreavc installed).

Suprisingly, cpu is low (both on the client and the server) but picture very stuttery.

Has anyone experience with streaming HD channels, settings needed in VLC, or a suggestion to do it in another way?

Thanks, eppo

Edited by pastimer

vlc is using its own codecs. You only can hope that they will come with a better decoder for H.264/AVC. If you have a working directshow decoder (coreavc) you better take the DVBViewer as a client.

vlc is using its own codecs. You only can hope that they will come with a better decoder for H.264/AVC. If you have a working directshow decoder (coreavc) you better take the DVBViewer as a client.

Forgive me my stupidity, but how do i do that? It doesnt work when i open the stream as a url...

..if vlc doesn't work, it doesn't work :bye:

Yes, Derrick, indeed, so that's not what i meant. How does it work using DVBViewer?

I mean picking up a stream directly, not record and playback.

ok :bye: you can user either the dvbserver or the netstreaming plugin. I would recommend the server cos you don't have to deal with a local graph (or disable av). As (unicast)client the DVBViewer with appropriate directshow settings (e.g. coreavc as h.264 decoder).

• 3 weeks later...
ok :bounce: you can user either the dvbserver or the netstreaming plugin. I would recommend the server cos you don't have to deal with a local graph (or disable av). As (unicast)client the DVBViewer with appropriate directshow settings (e.g. coreavc as h.264 decoder).

Let me describe the current situation : Server with TT-budget 1401 and DVBViewer (beta) with av disabled, multicast streamer installed and latest source filter registered. 1gb lan card. About 6% cpu. Client with core 2 duo t7200, intervideo 9 platinum, ati radeon x1600 graphics and DVBViewer and vlc as client programs. Excellent picture quality in both sd and hd. In HD (Astra) however there are problems. In vlc the picture stalls after about 3 second. In the messages it appears that all the buffers are thrown away because PTS is out of range whatever that means. In the DVBViewer client there is a stutter, both in audio and video, the stream stalls for a fraction of a second about every half a second, very regular, like a beat. DVBViewer is used with the intervideo graph plugin. DVBViewer reports a bitstream between 19Mbit and 21Mbit. Cpu usage is low.

I would love to be able to see what the problem is or to get some advice how to go on from here.

Thanks, Eppo