future functions for htcp!

fenomeno83

I would you like a support for analog tv(computer card and normal tv tuner connected to pc as monitor) and radio fm(for analog and radio fm I must use others software as mediaportal :bye: ).I want DVBViewer as a full HTPC functions to manage ALL!!!Another functions that would I like is mastering mode (as nero burning).So DVBViewer is perfect!!!

ps:analog tv will be for many years!!!

This would be a in german we would say: "Hanghuhn" (a chicken with a long and a short foot). The whole idea behind the DVBViewer is DVB :bye: There is honestly no way to implement analog tv and every trial to add such a thing would produce unstabilities. In theory you can build a analog tv->compress to Mpeg->Emulate a TS stream and send it to the DVBViewer, but honestly this would be insane ;)

Christian

In theory you can build a analog tv->compress to Mpeg->Emulate a TS stream and send it to the DVBViewer, but honestly this would be insane :bye:

Christian

How can I do this?I want try!!

Another future support could be interactivity in DDT (as do Mimundo software)

@fenomeno83

Christian are talking about a pure teoretical and greatly insane solution for witch you have to have a program (made by you!!!) that:

1) take the video stream from analog TV and compress it on the fly to MPEG2

2) take this MPEG2 stream emulate a .TS stream and send it to DVBViewer, again on the fly...

But... are you able to build such a prog??? :bye:

;)

Perhaps you could do it a little bit different.

Eg. use VLC in commandline-version for generating a MPEG2 file out of the analog input of your TV-Card.

Make a new menu-entry in DVBViewer, for starting VLC and open this newly generated MPEG2 file in DVBViewer?

I don´t know wether it works or not, but this seems to be the only way...

You can give feedback...

Even if it was possible, it remain a lot of things that were very different from other "real" HTPC prog, namely the possibility to directly manage the function of an analog card, e.g., how you can change channel or loud up the volume or view teletext or... or..., with this "solution"? As you see, it isn't a "real" solution...

It would be different if there was the possibility to add a complete analog TV prog as a plugin, but IMO this is togheter impossible and the main reason because DVBViewer is so powerful with DVB: all in all DVBViewer is designed to be a strong and reliable DVB prog with good HTPC extensions, not to be a factotum, modular HTPC prog...

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy