Some newbie Questions

blomman

Congrats to an exellent program, best/most stable tv software i ever used.

Currently running latest beta version v3.5.0.121 using a FireDTV-S satbox with a conax cam.

Have some questions i didn't find answers for:

1) Teletext Subtitles sometimes don't start on channel change, after reselecting in subtitle menu it comes back, is it a bug ?

2) Channels with multilanguage stereo sound like cartoon network, must manually change to left speaker in balance everytime when watched.

Tried the RLAudioSel plugin but it broken AC3. Would be nice if that could be fixed in channel editor and option to upmix left channel to stereo..

3) OSD Teletext, option to have a fixed 4:3 aspect ratio.

L.o.o.k.s...l.i.k.e..t.h.i.s..n.o.w.=.h.a.r.d..t.o..r.e.a.d

Tried different fonts but none makes it readable...

4) More Zoom options,

-like MCE's intelligent zoom

-Option not to zoom on 16:9 source

5) Even faster channel changes if possible, or is that a hardware/driver limit ?

6) For nordic canal digital channels the EPG info is in danish/norwegian language.

Can you change to swedish somewhere ? Gets swedish language when using my old satbox.

Thank you >_<

6) For nordic canal digital channels the EPG info is in danish/norwegian language.

Can you change to swedish somewhere ? Gets swedish language when using my old satbox.

Thank you >_<

i changed to "preferred epg language" - swedish, in Options - EPG/Teletext.

I get them in swedish så det funkar bra.

4) Well I don't know what MCE does, I tried it, found it very annoying and never touched it again, maybe you can explain what you want?

It's a non-linear zoom on 4:3 content to fill up the widetvscreen.

This link explains it very well

2) Download, install and use AC3Filter, it's a freeware great audio codec, with many useful options (editable in/out matrix included o:))

5) DVBViever is most probably the faster channel changer you can find around >_<, but some option can slow it: try to deselect "Automatic Channel Data Update" in "Settings / Options / TV + Radio"...

:D

2) Download, install and use AC3Filter, it's a freeware great audio codec, with many useful options (editable in/out matrix included ;))

5) DVBViever is most probably the faster channel changer you can find around >_<, but some option can slow it: try to deselect "Automatic Channel Data Update" in "Settings / Options / TV + Radio"...

2) Already using AC3 filter, great codec btw, spdif passthrough, i was hoping there was an option in DVBViewer that could remember that setting per channel

You can't have kids fiddeling on codec settings can you o:)

5) You're absolutely right, fastest channel switching pc software on the planet, but still would it be possible to speed it up even more.

Comparing to my old satbox it's still slow... < 1 sec

Thanks for the "Automatic Channel Data Update" tip, will try it.

:D