FTA HD channels on Hotbird.

AssassiN

Hello everyone! I am setting my pc up for H.264 channels, I've got a SkyStar 2 card and the right codecs, etc. Anyway, my question is are there still FTA channels available on Hotbird so I could test my set up, because my dish is stuck to Hotbird. I can see Luxe TV which is clear according to KingOfSat. Has anyone tried this channel yet ?

EDIT:

OK, so I've got DVBViewer 3.5.0.1 and CoreAVC 1.2, as well as Intervideo H.264 decoder, but when I open Luxe TV (H264) it just stays black screen. I can't tell what's wrong. Also I selected H.264 from the channel options window. And I also have DVB Filter 2.8.

Does anyone watch this channel ? Could you please help me out to make it work ?

Edited by AssassiN
Hello everyone! I am setting my pc up for H.264 channels, I've got a SkyStar 2 card and the right codecs, etc. Anyway, my question is are there still FTA channels available on Hotbird so I could test my set up, because my dish is stuck to Hotbird. I can see Luxe TV which is clear according to KingOfSat. Has anyone tried this channel yet ?

hi there,

yes, luxe tv will work with your sky star 2... and that's pretty much the only h264 channel you'll get on dvb-s, no matter what satellite you point your dish to (with exception of 5°west, which seems to carry some french channels).

you will need a working h264 codec, though.

regards,

Bocki

... and that's pretty much the only h264 channel you'll get on dvb-s, no matter what satellite you point your dish to (with exception of 5°

..you've missed BBC_HD on 28E :bye:

btw. on 5W ARTE is transmitting in real HD !