KWorld DVB-T

WeeJockPooPongMcPlop

Hi,

hope someone can help here.

Windows XP SP2, P4 2.4, 512MB.

Installed KWorld DVB-T device. Installed latest drivers and latest associated viewer. Viewer appears fine, all channels showing as expected, quality is very good, however EPG is garbage. Quick search on the net brought me here.

Downloaded and apparently installed DVBViewer OK. When run it says...

"No valid DVB device found!"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

Edited by WeeJockPooPongMcPlop
You downloaded the DVBViewer TE ? It wont work. It's for technisat devices only.

I downloaded...

http://www.technisat-daun.de/download/de/soft/1315.zip

Once unzipped there is a DBViewer folder with a setup.exe contained within.

If this is not correct then which one should I be downloading ?

Many thanks

Keith

As Lars said, the TE-version is only for the technisat devices, not for other devices. The Pro version, you can buy here for 15 €, offers many more posibilities as the TE. In order to use your dvb-t device with DVBViewer, you need bda-driver of the producer.

At best, you can also test with Transedit MMC your hardware. When channels will be shown, it works!

As Lars said, the TE-version is only for the technisat devices, not for other devices. The Pro version, you can buy here for 15 €, offers many more posibilities as the TE. In order to use your dvb-t device with DVBViewer, you need bda-driver of the producer.

At best, you can also test with Transedit MMC your hardware. When channels will be shown, it works!

Thanks for the info. Downloaded the Transedit MMC utility. When I request a SCAN ALL it replies saying...

"Sorry cannot scan. The required DVB device is occupied. Try again later :bye:"

At my wits end here.

I have uninstalled my DVB-T utilies and left the DVB-T driver. Services in Administrative Tools doesn't seem to be loading DVB anything related at startup.

Think I'll try uninstalling the driver and see if I get an alternative error message.

Any help greatly appreciated. I know 15 euro isn't a lot but I'd like to be convinced it would work before forking out the cash.

Thanks

Keith

[EDIT] When I uninstall the driver I get the same error message. Does this mean ultimately I cannot use the DVB-T 100 with DVBViewer ?

As I already said, you need BDA driver to use your device. You get it from the homepage of the producer and when not, look at Google.

Many thanks for your continued assistance.

The drivers I installed, then uninstalled, as mentioned above were the latest BDA drivers from KWorld's home site.

Even after now yet again reinstalling the BDA driver, rebotting, starting Transedit, selecting SCAN ALL I get the same message I mentioned earlier above the device being occupied.

So would you say I am unable to use DVBViewer ?

Thanks

Keith

[EDIT] - Well gone and bought it anyway lol

[FURTHER EDIT] - Nope still doesn't work lol

[YET ANOTHER EDIT] - Well finally got it up and running. Set the device to DIGIGO DVBT DBA Tuner/Demod in the hardware node of the settings. Also downlaoded a XP codec pac which seemed to resolve a couldn't render error message. Happy bunny so far :bye::D Thanks for all of your help.