Subtitle Problems...

blomman

Tried the new Version 3.6.0.1 and i think the

"remember teletext subtitles per channel" function is broken.

Need to reselect subtitle page on every channel change.

Sometimes i need to wait before the wanted page is available...

Worked fine (almost) in beta 3.5.0.121

support.zip

Well something else must have broken it.

Tried a fresh install/channelscan same problem

teletext subtitle page is not remembered

Back to 3.5.0.121

I have no problems with subtitles.

Well something else must have broken it.

Tried a fresh install/channelscan same problem

teletext subtitle page is not remembered

Back to 3.5.0.121

After you uninstall, delete the DVBViewer folder from Program Files. Then Install DVBViewer.

Maybe it will work that way.

I have no problems with subtitles.
What card do you have ? (I have a firedtv-s )

Do you have Canal+ and teletextpage is remembered when switching back to a canal+ channel ?

After you uninstall, delete the DVBViewer folder from Program Files. Then Install DVBViewer.

Maybe it will work that way.

Did a new attempt, uninstalled and deleted everything left in dvbview folder

same result, telextpage is not remembered when switching channel :(

Guess i'll be stucked with the beta...

What card do you have ? (I have a firedtv-s )

Do you have Canal+ and teletextpage is remembered when switching back to a canal+ channel ?

I have Canal+ and the page is remembered. I have two cards: TT S2-3200 and Hauppauge Nova-T USB2.

You must have some problem with the settings files. Try to delete the file where the teletext pages are stored (I do not remember which one).

I have Canal+ and the page is remembered. I have two cards: TT S2-3200 and Hauppauge Nova-T USB2.

You must have some problem with the settings files. Try to delete the file where the teletext pages are stored (I do not remember which one).

Thanks for the info :(

did a fresh install, all settings = default and unchanged

all i did was a channel scan on thor satellite...

Anyone knows where the teletext pages are stored ?

Thanks for the info :(

did a fresh install, all settings = default and unchanged

all i did was a channel scan on thor satellite...

Anyone knows where the teletext pages are stored ?

Then maybe you should delete both DVBViewer from "Program Files" AND CM&V from "Application Data".

Edited by BelowSky

No teletext subtitle pages are remembered here either (3.6.0.1). Never have been actually, which makes me wonder have I missed something?

Anyways, this is not a big deal to me... Just wanted to confirm the observation of blomman.

And what do you mean by "delete CM&V from Application Data"? CM&V is a registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE used by DVBV, isn't it? Otherwise I can't find a reference from the documentation to such folder or file.

Edited by emmel

Thanks for the confirmation emmel :(

Did som more research using SQLite to dump the TVDatabase.db database where the subtitles are stored...

Here are my findings:

1) After a channelscan and tuning to canal+ Mix:

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE channels ( idChannel integer primary key, strChannelID text, iCount integer);
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(1,'1118568757|CANAL+ MIX (swe)',1);
-cut-
CREATE TABLE subtitles ( idChannel integer primary key, ONID integer, ServiceID Integer, TransportID integer, page integer, pid integer, sub integer, typ integer, TTXLang integer, Language text, caption text);
-cut-
COMMIT;

2) After selecting subtitle 199 on canal+ Mix

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE channels ( idChannel integer primary key, strChannelID text, iCount integer);
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(1,'1118568757|CANAL+ MIX (swe)',2);
-cut-
CREATE TABLE subtitles ( idChannel integer primary key, ONID integer, ServiceID Integer, TransportID integer, page integer, pid integer, sub integer, typ integer, TTXLang integer, Language text, caption text);
INSERT INTO subtitles VALUES(1,70,309,3,199,0,0,0,7,'GER','Teletext 199');
-cut-
COMMIT;

3) After changing channel to canal+ Film 1

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(1,'1118568757|CANAL+ MIX (swe)',3);
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(2,'1116340525|CANAL+ FILM 1 (swe)',0);
-cut-
-cut-
COMMIT;

4) After selecting subtitle 199 on canal+ Film 1

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(1,'1118568757|CANAL+ MIX (swe)',3);
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(2,'1116340525|CANAL+ FILM 1 (swe)',1);
-cut-
INSERT INTO subtitles VALUES(2,70,301,3,199,0,0,0,7,'GER','Teletext 199');
-cut-
COMMIT;

5) After changing channel back to canal+ Mix

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(1,'1118568757|CANAL+ MIX (swe)',4);
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(2,'1116340525|CANAL+ FILM 1 (swe)',2);
-cut-
INSERT INTO subtitles VALUES(2,70,301,3,199,0,0,0,7,'GER','Teletext 199');
-cut-
COMMIT;

6) After changing channel back to canal+ Film 1

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(1,'1118568757|CANAL+ MIX (swe)',5);
INSERT INTO channels VALUES(2,'1116340525|CANAL+ FILM 1 (swe)',3);
-cut-
-cut-
COMMIT;

As you can see on 5) and 6) the subtitles record is deleted in the database when changing back to

a channel with a subtitle already selected.

Any comments from the developers maybe ?

Attached a new support.zip from this install.

support.zip

Subtitles not working for me either in 3.6 version. I use DVB-T (Sweden) with teletext subtitles. The settings for the subtitles get deleted after channel change.

Subtitles not working for me either in 3.6 version. I use DVB-S (Sweden) Canal+ with teletext subtitles. The settings for the subtitles get deleted after channel change.

Guest Lars_MQ
Subtitles not working for me either in 3.6 version. I use DVB-S (Sweden) Canal+ with teletext subtitles. The settings for the subtitles get deleted after channel change.

How do you know they don't get saved if subtitles do not work for you?

How do you know they don't get saved if subtitles do not work for you?

Subtitles DO work when you select them, but the settings don't get saved between channelchanges. This worked 100% in previous beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I still have a problem with teletext subtitles. I use subtitles on four channels: TV1, TV2, YLE24 and TEEMA. If for example, channel TV1 is broadcasting teletext subtitles and I watch it, and then turn to TV2, there is a little problem. If there are currently no subtitles in TV2, the last subtitle from TV1 stays on the screen.

support.zip

It is already fixed. Download the current 3.6 final which is version 3.6.0.2

Yepp you're right, seems to be fixed in 3.6.0.2 :bye:

Didn't know a new version was available, was looking @ the Last Updated that says: 29.12.06...

Big thanks to the DVBViewer team though :rolleyes: