Recordingservice Beta

Guest Lars_MQ

Hi there,

Strangely enough, the recording service doesn't work at all on my machine. I have installed the recording service as per instructions. I can see in the services list that it is started. I am able to program the timer via the nice web interface. The problem is that it will not record anything at all. But when I start DVBViewer the recording begins (i.e. the timed recording I made via the web interface without DVBViewer running). That is not how I thought it should work. Attached is my supporttool information and the SVCDebug file.

FYI: When I installed DVBViewer for the first time I didn't install the recording service, but I installed version 1.0.5 afterwards.

BR,

René

support.zip

svcdebug.log

Strangely enough, the recording service doesn't work at all on my machine. I have installed the recording service as per instructions. I can see in the services list that it is started. I am able to program the timer via the nice web interface.

I fixed it. There were two problems. The first problem was that I didn't enable the recording service plugin in DVBViewer. The second problem is that I doesn't work with a unicast stream, apparently it must run on the machine with the hardware installed.

BR,

René

Guest Lars_MQ
The second problem is that I doesn't work with a unicast stream, apparently it must run on the machine with the hardware installed.

You mean you did try it on a (network)client pc?

No this won't work. I must confess, I never thought about such configuration, I will include a notice in the readme about this.

You mean you did try it on a (network)client pc?

No this won't work. I must confess, I never thought about such configuration, I will include a notice in the readme about this.

Hi Lars,

It doesn't work on the server PC either. As far as I can see, the recording service only works if DVBViewer is set up to have direct access to the hardware. This actually destroys my ideas of my ideal setup.

My plan was to have DVBServer and DVB recording service running on a laptop (with a USB TV card) that is always on (also running a bunch of other server applications). All other PCs in my house would then run DVBViewer clients with the laptop as server.

But since the recording service can only run DVBViewer with direct access to the HW I cannot run the DVBViewer server, and therefore I will be unable to se TV on any of the other PCs :-(

BR,

René

I've installed Windows Vista (Business).

Now I want to use the recordings service 1.0.5.0.

After trying and searching I was able to activate the recording service DVBservice.exe and the DVBctrl.exe.

I had to set compatibility mode for those executables to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and execute as administrator. Otherwise the Recording Service wouldn't start !

Now I want to access the webpage, but no success.

Can someone point me out which steps I have to follow to go to the webpage to configure a timer for recording?

I supposed (source:readmesvc.txt) I have to use the following address: http://127.0.0.1:80 ????

I'm only getting a 404 error page (not found).

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it a VISTA compatiblility problem with the DVBViewer Rercording Service?

Some comments

1) I can't find a section "WebUser" or "WebGeneral" in the setup.xml file (mentioned in the readmesvc.txt). Reason is maybe because I have to use the config.html to store something in that section. But therefore I have to get access to the webinterface first.

2) I've run as administrator RegPlugs.bat to register those 3 dll files in the COMplugins folder. The registration of those .dll files is in silent mode. No error when running bat file.

But if I run the registration in normal mode (as test - without the /s parameter) than I get an error 0x80004005.

Hopefully someone can help me.

...or simply he don't have Vista (like me), so he can't replay to your question... :)

I didn't ask about Vista!

I am McenterFreak. I posted this question:

"#Lars_MQ

Would it be possible to include a way to specify that the service should not force a sleep before the average CPU usage are lower than x% in y seconds, where x and y are specified by the user?

This would prevent sleep actions if the user are using the PC for viewing or other tasks"

ooops! :)

...but I can guess why Lars_MQ don't reply, probably he consider taht is a lot aleatory and to much user specific request... :jump:

...and IMHO, to resolve the same question, is much better to have a old classic alert on the PC is going to sleep with a (programmable?) timeout and a simple button to cancel the process... B)