4:3 to 16:9 Aspect ratio

ramonchin

Hi

Is there any way to auto expand 4:3 video to 16:9??

I have a 16:9 lcd connected by HDMI-DVI cable and I need the TV remote to fix this (big black side bars).

Thanks

Edited by ramonchin
Hi

Is there any way to auto expand 4:3 video to 16:9??

I have a 16:9 lcd connected by HDMI-DVI cable and I need the TV remote to fix this (big black side bars).

Thanks

Same problem here. I have set DVBViewer starts in fullscreen mode. When I start the program there are black borders at both sides even if I had set aspect ratio setting to 16:9. When I visit to window mode and then back to fullscreen everything is okay(no black borders). Can you say what is wrong?

Please help us!

Since more and more people hook HTPC to 16/9 LCD with HDMI or DVI connector, it's going to be a common problem.

Most of these TVs don't expand 4:3 aspect ratio to full screen when DVI/HDMI channel is on.

Thanks.

I don't know if i understand you right but DVBViewer did not change the Picture.

DVBViewer did not automatically stretch 4:3 to 16:9 or Zoom in if the TV-Station transmit 16:9 as 4:3 including black bars.

But you make Zoom profiles Settings>Zoom or OSD->htpcHome>theSettings>Zoom

Than you can build a Input command to exchanging the Zoom profiles via remotecontrol or one key.

The commands are Zoomlevel Toggle (16394);Zoomlevel 0 (16390);and so on.