Black screen for some stations

gabier

Hello everybody,

This is my first post, as I use DVBViewer with no big problems with my Hauppauge Nova-T-USB2 for DVB viewing and recording. The only problem I have is a black screen with sound on, for some stations (always the same). In some situations I could find out that there was a conflict with another software (probably competing for the graphic card), but usually there is no such reason. DVBViewer is alone and I cannot display these stations. I just thought that they are commercial stations who do not want DVB users to watch them.

But to-day I installed Nero Home 7 which can manage the Hauppauge Nova-T, and I have a station (Paris-Première) which can be played and recorded by Nero, and shows a black screen with DVBViewer. What does this mean ?

Gab

Please post some more information:

Thank you Lars,

My computer is a Dell 9100 Pentium 4, 3,2Ghz, RAM 1 Go. The graphic card is GEForce 6800.

The DBD tuner is Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-USB2

DVBViewer : 3.5.0.1 (beta) ID DVB Source 2.8.0.0

The reception level is not very high (22-25% , figures in the status bar) but It seems to be sufficient.

I attached the file created by Supporttool, and also the DVBViewer log, as I am not sure the support tool encloses it.

I mentioned in the first post that I had a black screen with sound on. It is not always the case, though. When I started DVBViewer and tuned it on Paris-Première this morning, I had the opening panel on Paris-Première, then a black screen without sound.

Gab

support.zip

DVBViewer.log

Edited by gabier

This may be unrelated but Paris Premiere is FTA only between 18h50 and 20h50.

From Paris Premiere website:

Paris Première est diffusée sur le canal 31 de la TNT, en gratuit (avec n'importe quel décodeur TNT) Les programmes de Paris Première sont accessibles en clair sur la TNT, du dimanche au vendredi de 18h50 à 20h50, et le samedi de 18h00 à 20h00.

Are you sure that you're not trying to watch it when it's encrypted?

Edited by jf2020
Please try setting in Options|DirectX the decoders to fixed values instead of auto. Maybe the cyberlink decoder, which normally works quite well.

I did it with the cyberlink decoders for MPEG video and audio (general options + DVD and mosaic options). No results. It works OK for most stations but not for Paris Première.

I tried also the Nero decoders, because Nero can display paris Première, but this did not work either.

Gab :(

This may be unrelated but Paris Premiere is FTA only between 18h50 and 20h50.

From Paris Premiere website:

Paris Première est diffusée sur le canal 31 de la TNT, en gratuit (avec n'importe quel décodeur TNT) Les programmes de Paris Première sont accessibles en clair sur la TNT, du dimanche au vendredi de 18h50 à 20h50, et le samedi de 18h00 à 20h00.

Are you sure that you're not trying to watch it when it's encrypted?

Yes, but it does not work with DVBViewer even when I can display it with another viewer (i.e. when it is not encrypted). In addition, even when it is not free access, there is usually a still image screen or warning screen, but the black screen does not seem normal.

Gab