No preview with FireDTV?

droida38

I´ve just brought and installed DVBViewer, and must say that im pleasantly suprised of all it´s nice features. I only have a few problems. One thing that bothers me is that Preview / Preview Mosaic does absolutely nothing when I select them in the menu. Im using FireDTV (S)

The manual says that preview is a plugin that can be downloaded from the members area. But as it does not appear in there, and the "preview" item is allready present in the menu, I assume that it´s now part of the package, and that the manual is just not updated?

Edited by droida38
the manual is just not updated

you're right, but you can find on line an updated version (...but still not really "up-to-date" :()

To view the preview you probably have to impose a right MPEG decoder for it in "Settings - DirectX - Mosaic Options" (ie not leave it "Auto")

:jump:

you're right, but you can find on line an updated version (...but still not really "up-to-date" :bye:)

To view the preview you probably have to impose a right MPEG decoder for it in "Settings - DirectX - Mosaic Options" (ie not leave it "Auto")

:P

Thanks A LOT for the fast reply. Not only is DVBViewer a great piece of software, the forum is also very alive. That nice, and I have a few more questions in line :)

I´ve tried all the decoders available (5), but it made no difference. Nothing happens when I press Mosaic preview or preview.

Hummm... I don't have your card, so I can't know if preview is functional at all with it...

...nor if checking "Setting / Hardware / Open whole transponder" is of any use... (but you can try :bye:)

Anyway, take in mind that "Mosaic Preview" can be a lot slow to display, so begin to test the simple preview...

Any word on when multi-channel decryption will be supported? Would be nice to see PIP on encrypted channels, plus, channel-switching could be made a whole lot faster.

plus, channel-switching could be made a whole lot faster.
Some settings to make channel-switching faster:

Options>DirectX>

(disable) Audio/Video Format Detection

Video Render: Overlay

Options>TV+Radio>

(disable) Channel Switching Delay

View>Filters>DVB Source

my settings are:

Max. Queued Audio for TV/Radio: 250 ms

Max. Queued Audio for File: 0 ms

Latency: 100 ms

you have to try with witch settings you get no problems and change the other back.

Thanx. BUT, I'm not saying that DVBViewer is slow btw. In fact, it is the fastest I've seen on my hardware (1.5 sec for FTA, ~3 sec for Encrypted). Just the 3 sec for encrypted channels is incredibly annoying, but that is not DVBViewers wrongdoing.

Guest Lars_MQ

That sounds interessting, how would you accomplish that?

I always had the impression after reading the api docs for the different cards, it would be noticeably slower. :bye:

I always had the impression after reading the api docs for the different cards, it would be noticeably slower

IMHO the wish for multi_decryption and fast channel change are not linked. It's just an enumeration :bye:

..a comment on multi_decryption would more appropriate ;)