Subtitles in Movie Playback

blomman

Can you disable the built in subtitle support when viewing movies with .srt/.sub ?

I prefer using vobsub for my subtitling and as you can see i got double subtitles ,

also timing is not correct in DVBViewer, delayed 200ms or something.

dvbmovie01ue3.th.jpg

Also noticed when using .sub/.idx there is a bug where subtitles is not transparent:

dvbmovie02jo4.th.jpg

dvbmovie03ie1.th.jpg

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Can you disable the built in subtitle support when viewing movies with .srt/.sub ?

I prefer using vobsub for my subtitling and as you can see i got double subtitles ,

also timing is not correct in DVBViewer, delayed 200ms or something.

dvbmovie01ue3.th.jpg

Also noticed when using .sub/.idx there is a bug where subtitles is not transparent:

dvbmovie02jo4.th.jpg

dvbmovie03ie1.th.jpg

Thanks

I am also interested in an answer for this question....

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've asked the same/similar in the German "Allgemeines DVBViewer Pro/GE" part on 6th March 2007 - using vobsub instead of built in subtitle decoder.

No answer yet...

Felix

Hi,

I've asked the same/similar in the German "Allgemeines DVBViewer Pro/GE" part on 6th March 2007 - using vobsub instead of built in subtitle decoder.

No answer yet...

Felix

Isn't there supposed to be some kind of support for a program when you have paid money for it? :-(

Just rename or move the subtitile file so that DVBV does not find it :)

Unfortunally, that wasn't the issue here.

I want to use Vobsub instead of the internal DVBViewer-subtitle engine so if I move or rename the subtitle file neither Vobsub or DVBViewer will find it and that isn't what I wanted.

Or is there a subtitle file type "out there" that only Vobsub will recognise?

Unfortunally, that wasn't the issue here.

I want to use Vobsub instead of the internal DVBViewer-subtitle engine so if I move or rename the subtitle file neither Vobsub or DVBViewer will find it and that isn't what I wanted.

Or is there a subtitle file type "out there" that only Vobsub will recognise?

I may be wrong but seems that DVBV only accept subtitle file if the name is exactly the same only extension is different. Vobsub might accept little more different name. Try this.

Second option: is there any way to take the vobsub titles from another directory? There are some options in vobsub settings.

I may be wrong but seems that DVBV only accept subtitle file if the name is exactly the same only extension is different. Vobsub might accept little more different name. Try this.

Same rules apply for Vobsub unfortunally

Second option: is there any way to take the vobsub titles from another directory? There are some options in vobsub settings.

Don't know but a possible solution

I was actually hoping that someone from the DVBViewer team would answer this question? Or have I posted it the wrong way? A simple "no" or a "yes" with a short explanation would do for me...