DVBViewer and MCE Remote control

droida38

DVBViewer and MCE Remote control

I´ve installed the MCE plugin (myMCE2005.dll) and learned DVBViewer most of the buttons.

1. When I press "record tv", "guide", "live tv" or DVD Menu - Then DVBViwer performs the assigned action but at the same time MS Mediacenter is started. Is it possible to prevent this? If it means deactivating MS MCE that´s ok, I don´t use it for the moment anyway

2. Is it possible to map commands the are not shown in the list? I guess I should use the ActionEditor, but as it´s totally empty I have no clue what to type in. In this thread I found some action-codes, but not the ones I need:

http://www.dvbviewerfaq.de/index.php?actio...&artlang=de

How about a list of all available commands, that is easy to find. e.g. in the manual?

What I would like to map is:

Info key = Mini EPG (F8, Mini EPG. I guess that´s the best place to read about the current program, or have I overlooked something? Actually I miss some way to get info on the current program)

DVD menu = theMovies (Esc, htpcHome, theMovies)

Live TV = Now (Esc, now)

Recorded TV = Recordings (Esc, recordings)

I know you´re going to tell me to search the forum - but please don´t, I´ve allready spent hours here, and even though it´s interesting reading it´s also very fustrating. I really hope that someone with the insight would write a manual/tutorial for setting up remote with DVBViewer.

To prevent Media center from starting you have to kill/disable the "ehtray.exe" process.

Some options are not shown in the list and must be added manually (OSD Timeline for example). Just click the add button and locate the function you need.

• 2 weeks later...
To prevent Media center from starting you have to kill/disable the "ehtray.exe" process.

Some options are not shown in the list and must be added manually (OSD Timeline for example). Just click the add button and locate the function you need.

This is how my ActionEditor looks when I click Add. Has something gone wrong during install? It is´nt supposed to be empty, is it?

actionedcg4.jpg

It's all right... :bye:

To go on:

• pick the action you want from the selected drop down box

• once the action and the relative code appear in the two box on the left, press "Add"

• do the same step to add more than one action to the same command...

• when you're done press "ok" to add this new command to the main list...

:rolleyes:

edit: ehm, sorry, I obviously assume you do have installed v.3.6.0.2...

Edited by Gioxy

Alot of people must use MCE Remote could we not have all its functuality delivered in the main DVBViewer download. or one plug in download that includes everything incluiding 'add actions' already configured.

Surely the easier and quikcer the programme is to configure the more people will use it.

Edited by Bathman
Look in the DVBViewer folder is there a actions.ini

if not you have installed 3.6.0.0 or 3.6.0.1 there this file missing (in 3.6.0.2 it is included).

Here you will find the needed file.

Thanks, after installing 3.6.0.2 the actions appeared:) Now all I wish is an action to display info on the current program (the one that appears at Now -> Enter on program).

By the way, the options dialog still tells me it´s version 3.6.0.0... But showVersion says 3.6.0.2

Best regards...

Alot of people must use MCE Remote could we not have all its functuality delivered in the main DVBViewer download. or one plug in download that includes everything incluiding 'add actions' already configured.

Surely the easier and quikcer the programme is to configure the more people will use it.

I agree on that. It´s fine that one can ´nerd around´ but default settings would be nice.