Play files with favourite filters

linusalba

Hi, I’d like to play files using my favourite filter (actually it’s cyberlink filter).

In DVBViewer I can select filters to use for decoding satellite live TV but not recorded mpeg files. It could be useful the possibility to select filters to use for recorded mpeg files.

Now for playing files using cyberlink filters I have do unregister “DVD Express AV Decoder.DLL”. It works but it’s not the best and when I do this I can’t see the progressive bar so I can’t jump to a specific point.

Many thanks for this good program, Marco

The filter used for video playback is determined by a value called "merit". The filter with the highest merit is chosen.

The filter merits are stored in the registry and can easily be changed with the Zoomplayer (freeware). Install and launch it, open the context menu via rightclick, go to Player Options/Manual Filters/Registered Filter Manager. There you'll see a list of all registered DirectShow filters. After selecting one of them, its merit can be edited. Give the Cyberlink a higher value than the DVD Express (or DVD Express a lower). Then it should work without registering/unregistering.

With WinXP/Win2K you probably have to leave your user account and log in again for the change to take effect. With Win98 I don't know - perhaps a restart.

Cheers

Griga

P.S. The problem with the progress bar might stay - maybe it's due to the Cyberlink. I had no opportunity to test it yet.