DVBViewer 3.6.0.2 Recorder info deletes itself

jrl

I just installed the new version of the DVBViewer. When I add programs into recorder they show OK in the Recorder window (I can close that and open again and see all info). But after I close DVBViewer and start it again, the Recorder list is empty. What could cause that?

Other question: if I get this to work, do I have to do some setup because of the new scheduler program (e.g. remove old one)?

br. Janne

Sorry for the incomplete stuff. Here's more info:

information about your system (operating system, processor, filters, dri­vers (TV card (Skystar/Airstar/Cablestar 2, graphics card, chipset...) and about the DVBViewer

Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner

DVBViewer Version: 3.6.0.2

DVBSource Path: C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Filters\PushSource.ax

DVBSource Version: 2.8.3.0

DirectX: 9.0c

Memory: 1023 MB

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2400+

CPUSpeed: 1997 Mhz

I attach the supporttool created zip that seem to include all the files asked to report. Just to add: the recording did work well until a few days ago when it stopped. I then installed the new version, but it didn't solve the problem.

support.zip

I've been trying to sort this out but with no success. The timer recording works well as long as I keep the DVBViewer active but as soon as I close it the whole timer program list gets emptied. Anybody else with similar problem???

Do you use DVBViewer with a restricted user or a admin user?

Try to move the timers.xml to a other directory the DVBViewer will build a new one.

For the new Task Scheduler just replace it.

If you like to use DVBViewer Recording Service download the DVBViewer Recording Service 1.0.5 (Membersarea>Beta Section) it includes a readmesvc.txt which explain the hole thing.

Do you use DVBViewer with a restricted user or a admin user?

Try to move the timers.xml to a other directory the DVBViewer will build a new one.

For the new Task Scheduler just replace it.

If you like to use DVBViewer Recording Service download the DVBViewer Recording Service 1.0.5 (Membersarea>Beta Section) it includes a readmesvc.txt which explain the hole thing.

Thanks, I'm with Admin rights and the issue seems to resolve by removing the timers.xml - now the recording info stays there after closing the program. And the recording starts correctly.

I will read the service readme, but if I basically just want the capability to have recorder to start when PC is in standby, is there any reason to choose either Task Scheduler or Recording Service?