Help getting streaming to work

Hi,

The webserver is fantastic - especially now I can import the UK xmltv. However I can't get streaming to work :rolleyes:

I have registered the dll and it is in the correct directory (plugins) etc. When I switch to the streaming tab it shows connecting to media nd then buffering for ever and the screen stays black :bye:. I have tried changing the various codec selections too but no luck. Any clues/suggestions.

I have DVBViwer 3.6.0.2 and webserver 1.1 Beta and I have tried with WMP10 and WMP11.

Thanks for any help.

Steve.

Try to stream with DVBServer using DVBViewer as a client: IMHO is far better and you can do/control near everything... the only thing you can't do from the client PC is the channel scanning, but I suggest to use Transedit on the server PC for this task...

:rolleyes:

Try to stream with DVBServer using DVBViewer as a client: IMHO is far better and you can do/control near everything... the only thing you can't do from the client PC is the channel scanning, but I suggest to use Transedit on the server PC for this task...

:rolleyes:

thanks fort he suggstion gioxy, however I love the idea of being able to browse and view my tv from wherever I happen to be on whose ever computer I happen to have access to without having to install anything :bye:

I have registered the dll and it is in the correct directory (plugins) etc. When I switch to the streaming tab it shows connecting to media nd then buffering for ever and the screen stays black :rolleyes:. I have tried changing the various codec selections too but no luck.

I have a similar problem, with these versions of software. DVBViewer 3.6.0.2, DVBViewer Control 1.1.3.0, Media Player 11.

The connection on port 3335 is ESTABLISHED but Media Player briefly shows 'connecting...' and then 'buffer' forever.

If anyone suggests a test, I'll be happy to try.

Thanks,

S.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a similar problem, with these versions of software. DVBViewer 3.6.0.2, DVBViewer Control 1.1.3.0, Media Player 11.

The connection on port 3335 is ESTABLISHED but Media Player briefly shows 'connecting...' and then 'buffer' forever.

If anyone suggests a test, I'll be happy to try.

Thanks,

S.

I played with the filter and Video Renderer settings and have seen it briefly work (streamed for about 15s with renedred set to VMR9 and Sonic Video and Auido Decoders. But then it stopped and I havent got it to work again. It looks like streaming startup is very processor intensive and I may not have enough processing power or something - I see my CPU usage shoot upto 100% and then when it streams and works it carries on at a high level and when it fails to steam it drops back almost immediately to a low level.

Hope someone who can help.

• 3 months later...

:D

This doesn't work for me. I have follwed every guide on the net, but still the client DVBViewer is just black screen. I'm NOT a newbie of video streaming though ;) I have used MyTheatre until just a few days ago and with that program the streaming worked fine with VLC as client. The big difference between DVBViewer and MyTheatre is that in MT you enter the IP address of the client you want to stream to. That option is not available in DVBViewer ;)

Edited by Sarre

Mayxbe you describe what you did to get streaming working. it's easier this way.

BTW. How did streaming to more than one client work? you have to put in every ip of each client?

namnlscx0.th.jpg

Here's the settings I had in MyTheatre. I don't know how multiple clients works cause I never had use for it.

The IP addreess above is the target machine.

Then you just start VLC on client to open stream and klick "OK", the video starts playing.

Edited by Sarre
BUT why it doesn't work with DVBViewer to DVBViewer using netstream plugin?

plugin not acivated? :) ..double check addresses and ports :)

Found it. I must have same channel tuned on both server and client. I thought it would change channel on the server too when changing on the client. Is it not allowed to do that in some way?

Is it not allowed to do that in some way?

The netstreaming plugin only streams the current channel (or transponder if you activate it, does not work with most wlan!). to change the channel from the client you need to use the server or you can use the webserver plugin for the server DVBViewer.

nope.. streaming plugin just send the current stream out into the net, nothing more and nothing less :)

For anything else, you should use dvbserver. You can run dvbserver and DVBViewer on the same pc, with DVBViewer acting as client, too.

I prefer the VLC as a passive client for the netstreaming plugin. You don't need channel settings and when switching the channel on the server_dvbviewer, the vlc will follow (in most cases :) ). It opens also much faster and if you put a playlist with ip/port on your desktop, you only have to double clkick :)

you can't change channel with DVBViewer as client to for netstreaming plugin, also... so you can use any client that understands the streaming protocol... :)

Edited by Moses

IMHO the picture quality of the VLC is as good as any other decoder, though there may be too many parameters that can be controlled in the settings :)

• 8 months later...

Hello

I am able to control the DVBViewer from Webserver Browser interface but cannot stream from server to browser. All I get is a black Media Player screen with the Ready status.

I have tried setting the Options/DirectX/Decoder settings to each of the following: System Default/Sonic Cinemaster/Nero Video Decoder/Nero DVD Decoder/Nero Video Decoder HD on the DVBViewer Server application and set the corresponding streaming configuration on the Webserver Browser client to the same settings but all fail to produce audio or video. I have tried these decoder settings with all 4 rendering options of Unchanged/Overlay Mixer/VMR7 Video Mixing Renderer/VMR9 Mixing Renderer.

I have a Technisat Skystar 2 PCI card on an ASUS M2A-VM integrated A/V motherboard with DVBViewer Pro 3.9.2.

support.zip

I have tried setting the Options/DirectX/Decoder settings to each of the following: System Default/Sonic Cinemaster/Nero Video Decoder/Nero DVD Decoder/Nero Video Decoder HD on the DVBViewer Server application

How is that possible???