XMLTV in North Amereica

KevinB

Hello, I am using the latest Pro version in North America and can watch live tv with no issues. I have successfully used MyXMLTV to relate the Channels.dat and xmltv channels numbers. When I click Import I get a large EPG.tmp file but the epg icon in DVBViewer is still greyed out. I have Persistent Epg Data selected and Do Not Receive EPG Data selected and Receive MediaHiway deselected.

I had a tiny (<1k) epg.dat, I deleted it and another tiny one was produced after next program close.

I am using this command to get my xmltv file:

C:\XMLTV\xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --config-file C:\XMLTV\share\tv_grab_na_dd.conf --days 14 --output C:\XMLTV\a.xml

the first section of my xml file from the xmltv grabber:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

however the MyXMLTV channels.xml file starts with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

What else do I need to do? I have read every single english post here for xmltv, most is very old, it seems this feature is not well supported anymore.

I have now tried using the latest DVBViewer GE version (which is based on a Pro 2.x version), and MyXMLTV worked as expected. I have epg data. I thought perhaps that the MyXMLTV had to run from the DVBViewer root folder because that is how I did the GE version, but it makes no difference to the Pro version, it still does not work.

I did read a thread that said the XMLTV imprter did not work in the latest Pro version because the epg.dat method is different, but that was a very old post I cannot find again. But now that I see that the current importer is more than 1 1/2 years old, I must assume that you do not have enough ATSC customers in the US to support an EPG, which is unfortunate.

My EPG in the GE version is defective, it includes all channels but repeats the same early morning show listings throughout the day. I use the same Data Direct service that works fine in my java based Freeguide listings program, so I know that the provider I have set up with the grabber na_dd works fine.

Is there any more documentation on what is requied to make MyXMLTV work in the U.S. ? there are some options in how the grabber works, but I don't know what to try. Here is the first section of my a.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv source-info-url="http://labs.zap2it.com/" source-info-name="TMS Data Direct Service" generator-info-name="XMLTV" generator-info-url="http://www.xmltv.org/">

<channel id="I10319.labs.zap2it.com">

<display-name>4 KAID</display-name>

<display-name>4 KAID PC:83642</display-name>

<display-name>4</display-name>

<display-name>4 KAID fcc</display-name>

<display-name>KAID</display-name>

<display-name>KAID</display-name>

<display-name>PBS Affiliate</display-name>

</channel>

_______________________________________________________________-

the actual channel listings from that file look like this:

<programme start="20070119000000 +0000" stop="20070119003000 +0000" channel="I10319.labs.zap2it.com">

<title lang="en">Zoom</title>

<date>20030718</date>

<category lang="en">Children</category>

<category lang="en">Educational</category>

<category lang="en">Variety</category>

<category lang="en">Series</category>

<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP109707.0183</episode-num>

<episode-num system="onscreen">520</episode-num>

<audio>

<stereo>stereo</stereo>

</audio>

<subtitles type="teletext" />

</programme>

Thank you for any help you can provide

I have now learned that the corruption in my epg data is because my config file for the grabber na_dd assumed that the program I would use to show the data would handle the time zone offset for me, because I set it up in the other Freeguide program. Specifying the proper offset before grabbing means that now about half of the channels have the correct times, the other half are still off by seven hours.

I will attempt to find the old post from the guy who listed several files to delete to solve odd epg issues. I think he was using O2Grabber and part of his listings were off as well.

Still hoping for XMLTV support in the current Pro version, but for now the GE version is good enough. Hopefully any plugins and other tools I want to try in the members area will work in GE.

Lars was testing it and it worked (at least with the german providers). Anyway he will use the com interface instead of the old import code.

May i ask which kind of receiption you use and does the ordinary epg work for you? I was just able to test ATSC in America, so...

Christian