Broadcast switches sound format - Mono/AC3

olax

In sweden, the channels SVT1 and SVT2 is broadcasted with AC3. It works fine.

However, the regional news is broadcasted in mono, so when the regional broadcasts starts the DVBViewer freezes and needs to be shutdown and restarted (well, sometimes you are lucky and can swith channel instead).

Is there a way to make DVBViewer handle this? Any settings I need to change, I mean.

/Ola

I don't know. The settings format of the DVBViewer is not really adapted for such a case (hopefully someone will proof me wrong :rolleyes: ) You will find your program probably as 2 different channels in the channel list. One with mpeg-audio and the other with ac-3. If you listen to the ac-3 channel and the provider switches this stream off, the channel ist broken. Dunno whether autoupdate can help cos you've selected ac-3.

However, the regional news is broadcasted in mono, so when the regional broadcasts starts the DVBViewer freezes

One with mpeg-audio and the other with ac-3.

Not necessarily. Even mono can be broadcasted as AC3 - covered by the specs, and (hopefully) detected by the DVBViewer Filter.

So first of all it has to be checked whether an AC3 -> MPEG change occurs. If not, most likely the audio decoder crashes due to this unexpected change. The information requested by Lars will reveal which one is used.

Support.zip

Not necessarily. Even mono can be broadcasted as AC3 - covered by the specs, and (hopefully) detected by the DVBViewer Filter.

So first of all it has to be checked whether an AC3 -> MPEG change occurs. If not, most likely the audio decoder crashes due to this unexpected change. The information requested by Lars will reveal which one is used.

support.zip