mce remote plugin

I'm using the latest version of Pro. I've downloaded the MCE Remote Plugin, and I was under the impression that all I had to do was to copy it after unzipping, into the "plugins" folder, them start DBViewer, and activate it in the plugins pulldown menu. However, it does not appear in the list - only Netstream and RecServe are there. If I remove them from the folder but leave the MCE remote DLL, there is then no plugin pulldown list. What am I doing wrong?

Guest Lars_MQ

The MCE Plugin is an input plugin, this kind of plugins are activated in options -> inputplugins, then you have to assign the remote buttons to DVBViewer inputcommands in input.

The MCE Plugin is an input plugin, this kind of plugins are activated in options -> inputplugins, then you have to assign the remote buttons to DVBViewer inputcommands in input.

Thanks Lars.

Jim

I'm starting to feel very stupid here, but I cannot see how to make this work! Firstly, the input section of my copy does not look anythig like the one in the help/manual! That apart, I've ticked the box to enable the mce remote. Then I go to the <different-looking> input section, where the "learn" button is, look down the list of commands and find the one I want - all are the same - highlight it (but only as a keyboard command - that's all that is shown, there's no mention of the MCE remote) click "learn" press the button on the remote, the remote sends the command, then....... nothing. surely there must be many, many people using this remote, so doesn't that justify some instructions, or even a remote file with the keys pre-assigned? And it really doesn't help that the manual shows a totally different layout to the actual program!

Can some kind person point out EXACTLY what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Jim

I read that (and everything else I could find in the forums), thanks Delphi - where's the relevance to what I want to do though?

In essence, what exactly should I be doing that I'm not doing?

Jim

I read that (and everything else I could find in the forums), thanks Delphi - where's the relevance to what I want to do though?

In essence, what exactly should I be doing that I'm not doing?

Jim

<FX: Jim slaps head> Duh! :bye: I didn't notice the attachments! Thanks again, Delphi!

Jim