Channel editor problem

Benarty

I had a fatal error just at closing DVBViewer.

I've deleted all pre-defined channels and added new channels during the session but waht a surprise.

DVBViewer does not store them as soon when the channel editor is closed.

So after restart of DVBViewer, I had the default channels again and not the ones that I just have scanned.

One tip: save them as soon when the user closes the channel editor.

One tip:

The BSOD was decoder related, nothing to do with DVBViewer itself.

The channel saving is DVBViewer related and excuse me, it's time to combine all problems in one topic.

There is shall inculde a support.zip.

Changes are stored when the application is closed. I know the problem, that you have to start all over again, when something goes wrong and the appl. crashes. On the other hand it could be worse, when a "bad setting" would be stored immediately. Then the DVBViewer would crash again after restart.

Closing the appl. after using the channel editor before imposing stress on the DVBViewer seems the right stragegy to me :)

Changes are stored when the application is closed. I know the problem, that you have to start all over again, when something goes wrong and the appl. crashes. On the other hand it could be worse, when a "bad setting" would be stored immediately. Then the DVBViewer would crash again after restart.

Closing the appl. after using the channel editor before imposing stress on the DVBViewer seems the right stragegy to me :)

Seems still not logical to me. I would store the channel settings as soon when the channel editor or channel scan are closed. I've switched now to windows2000 cause I was out of clues to fix the video problem under windowsXP home.

:) ???

post-485-1169468385_thumb.jpg

Have you both ever noticed this button at bottom of the Channel list Editor???

It simply work, immediately...

:D

This is what I mean with being more user friendly.

The entire user interface could be simplified without loosing options.

Another example: who's using full screen mode: full screen is activated after start of DVBViewer so first the windowed version is visible for a sec and then full screen is activated. No problem but it leaves a non finished touch.

Now, If you guys are interested in all my remarks related to GUI then I'll combine them into one post.

Edited by Benarty