Channel scan comes up with nothing...

Travis Bell

Hey guys,

I bought a copy of DVBViewer cause' it looked like the best DVB-S product I could find but after a couple of hours trying to get it to pick up my dish, it still ins't working.

I have a Twinhan 7021a (USB Starbox) and running Windows Vista.

I am successfully using MyTheatre with this setup, and have no problems.

Can anyone give me some hints as to my DVBViewer won't pick up a signal?

Thanks!

Hey Lars, thanks for the reply.

I have taken a look through the guide and discovered TransEdit... I might give that a shot and see if I still come up dry.

I will follow the rules should I still get nowhere.

Cheers,

Hey Travis,

Did you get something working ? I tried unsing TransEdit before purchasing DVBViewer and I could not get a single channel. The setup is working fine with ProgDVB.

I'm running Windows XP and the device is a Twinhan StarBox USB 7021 (not "a").

Cheers.

Hey Gudul,

I have the Starbox 7021a, but no, I just gave TransEdit a shot to see and still come up dry.

I am suspecting a problem with DVBViewer and the Twinhan Starbox's... the fact that I can use MyTheatre just fine tells me it's product specific.

Still playing though...

Did you install the BDA drivers for your 7021A from Twinhan ?

I've been playing around int he german forum (using free translatorS) and it looks like the WDM drivers are not supported anymore (or something like that) ... unfortunately the BDA do not seem to exist for 7021-noA !

Did you install the BDA drivers for your 7021A from Twinhan ?

I've been playing around int he german forum (using free translatorS) and it looks like the WDM drivers are not supported anymore (or something like that) ... unfortunately the BDA do not seem to exist for 7021-noA !

I am not using the BDA drivers since last time I went down that road it was real messy. I've just set a restore point to see if that makes any difference with DVBViewer. Will let you know if that's the magic ticket. :)

Alright! To answer my own thread it looks like the BDA drivers are required to use DVBViewer. While they are not required for MyTheatre or DVBDream, I do like DVBViewer the best.

For the 7021 (non a's) out there you might be SOL.

Here's a note of advice... In Windows Vista, don't use the Twinhan downloadadble BDA drivers, but rather the drivers that pop up in Windows Update. These seem much more stable--haven't had any crashes yet.

Cheers!