Blind Scan help

smosse

Hello All !

i live in a residential appartment.

We have shared dish to astra and hotbird for everybody.

they have a limited amount of frequencys..so then dont relay all the channels.

And the BIG problem is that all transponder from astra and hotbird are stream back to only one virtual 'sat' so i cannot use official sat conf :bye:

i know one thing from the installer. for exemple

from Astra 19.2 East

If there is channel at 11739 , it will go in there system at 1139 ( 11739 - 10600 ) then , they will bring it to my place at another frequency 1290.

but i dont really understand all this, as im a big newbie in Satellite.

-Can do a sort of blind scan , so i can scan everything ?

-do i need to creat my own virtual satellite conf file ?

im not sure if i made myself clear :idiot:

Thanks for you help.

Edited by smosse

Hello all !

i live in an area where they use transposed frequency to bring satellite to our appartment because we cannot have our own dish :bye:

To find channels i found that scanning frequencys from astra and hotbird list in DVBViewer brings me almsot all the channels.

BUT , i have i lot in dupe and more ! :bye:

i can have 8 times the same channel !

is there a way , a script that can scan in my channel list, and mark as bad, all that channel wich cannot be rendered.

Or only keep those with a signal enough strong to view it..

i can have 8 times the same channel !

The truth will be somewhere in the center of the frequency range that yields a lock. Because there is no feedback from the tuner, ist is impossible to find out the exact carrier frequency. If you knew the setup of the frequency translating equipment you could built your personal tranponder.ini.

If you knew the setup of the frequency translating equipment you could built your personal tranponder.ini.

Actually i got some infos from the installer.a list with the real freq , and then the streamed.

Here an exemple for Astra

Real Transponder adress 11739 then i got 2 values FI1 is 1139 ( i realise it is 11739 - 10600) and another value FI2 is 1290 (11739 - 10449)

next transponder exemple

Real Transponder adress 12402 then i got 2 values FI1 is 1802 ( it is 12402 - 10600) and the value FI2 is 1290 (12402 - 10432)

first value is always with minus 10600 , but second values varies..

does this help ?

Edited by smosse

ok i found ! :bye:

So when 11739 is real Freq of tranponder and FI 1 is 1139 i then do 11739-1139 = 10600

Then i just add this result to the second value FI 2 : 1290 + 10600 = 11890

So my transposed Freq is 11890 !

I have create my own transponder list with transedit..

Thank you !

NOw another question ..

as it is transposed frequency , i have both chanel from Astra and Hotbird, and so some of the channel are in dupe.. for Exemple i will have TF1 from TPS provider and CANALSAT

I have a Canaplus/CanalSat subscription so i can only decrypt this one.

Is there a way to remove from the channel list all the channel that i cannot decrypt ?

The provider is not recognice correctly for all channel , so i cannot use this way.

Perhaps also a way to sort channel by signal strengh ?

I dont know when i dont see a channel, if it is because the signal is not strong enough, or it is because i dont have the right subscription.

thx !

Hello !

1.) Go to Channel list click on Channel and press the DEL Button, channel should be deleted(may be with a question : Do you really want to hurt me ....)

2.) Well Signal Strenth is normally shown in the "Status Bar " of the DVBViewer.

If not click on it several times until you see the signal strenght.

It is also show on encrypted Channels that DVBViewer can not decode, so you can see the strenght and a Picture = O.K.

Or a strenght and no picture = Delete.

I am pretty sure that the signal strenght is explained in the Manual /readMe ;)

Edited by bergh