PVA Recording

Neil Owen

I have just upgraded to v3.6.1.0 and when I came to choose the output settings there was no PVA option.

I have used the PVA option in the previous version as recommended on the tutorial in www.doom9.org.

Should I be using the PVA output? and if so how can I get it back?

I use DVBViewer for DVB-T channels on a Hauppauge Nova-T card.

Regards

Neil

IMHO, PVA was abolished. It was a proprietary format created by TT for the full featured cards. These cards can't deliver the transport stream at the output. Switch to Mpeg or TS and look for another tutorial :bye:

not really but in principle it's straightforward. For watching your recording at the pc you can use the DVBViewer or any other player when recording in Mpeg. Though not all players can handle TS, TS will give you more options e.g. dvb-subtitles can be recorded as well.

With freeware tools like projectx you can demux your recordings for dvd-authoring..

if you mean by sync problems that video and audio are not in synchronism, you're right. Pj.x can fix this. But async is normally caused by transmission errors due to bad alignment of the sat-dish or other faults. Even then TS will be the best format cos pva as well as mpeg will suffer also from these errors.