MyXMLTV import tool updated!

I only want to send a biiig thank to Lars_MQ for the upgraded MyXMLTV import tool :bye: that can be found in the 3.6.1. setup (there where various user that need it)...

And, of course, also to Christian (with my best wishes for his new PC :bye:) for having included it...

:)

Mmh, in v. 3.6.1.2 MyXMLTV importer is disappeared again... :o

Is there a special reason for that? :bye:

Oh, I got the point: the beta testing is finished (for my tests I can say succesfully!) and it's planned to publish it in the Main section of the member area!

(er... ehm... this is what I'm hoping... :bye:)

:D

• 2 weeks later...

mmh, I'm sorry for the misleading topic title :(, I now realized that I was completely wrong: for same strange reason the MyXMLTV.exe file in my PC was maked as created in year 2007, so I suppose all the above...

But the good news still remain:

the version marked "Beta for DVBV 3.2" of XMLTV Importer that can be downloaded from the Beta section of the Member Area work with DVBViewer v. 3.6.1.2 without any problem! (er, honestly a little tricky to config ;))

To keep it working read carefully the readme included in conjunction with this two little trick relative to the channel mapping creation:

• when you want create (or modify) the mapping, pay attention to the "real" name of the channel in the DVBViewer Channel List (the one on the right) you want map to the XMLTV channel (the one on the left): depending on the (and on how many!) sat you receive, there can be many duplicate ch name, and they are listed without any order!...

• after browsed and selected the desired ch on the DVBViewer ch list on the right you do have to press enter to create the map, otherwise it won't be created!

The worked out channel mapping can be checked in two ways:

• looking in the generated channels.xml file (IMHO enough autoexplanatory)

• closing and reopening the "Channel Setup" window: a "#" is added to the name of the really mapped channels...

:D

Edited by Gioxy

Hi,

I can't map Dutch channels with the XMLTV importer, does any one know how to fix this?

I got scanned all channels but when in the right pane off the XMLTV importer there are only German channels to map.

I use last beta version of DVBV.

Thanx for help.

Greetz,

Spiderman

...from the MyXMLTV readme.txt:

Inthe ChannelEditor first select your DVBViewer Channel.dat file.

...maybe you've selected the wrong channels.dat file (as you state the channels you can select aren't the ones you have in DVBViewer...)

To catch up the right one you have to know were are stored the DVBViewer current configuration files; look in DVBViewer "About / Info... / Version info"; on top, in blue, there is the path where is stored the channels.dat actually used by DVBViewer...

;)

...from the MyXMLTV readme.txt:

...maybe you've selected the wrong channels.dat file (as you state the channels you can select aren't the ones you have in DVBViewer...)

To catch up the right one you have to know were are stored the DVBViewer current configuration files; look in DVBViewer "About / Info... / Version info"; on top, in blue, there is the path where is stored the channels.dat actually used by DVBViewer...

;)

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I hava now all my favorite challens mapped, but when i zap to the channels is see quick the epg and then is all epg for all my favorite channels gone!!!

Do you know what's the problem and how i can fix this?

Greetz,

Spiderman

This is probably caused by a wrong EPG configuration...

For your needs you have to look into "Settings // Options... // EPG/Teletext" and:

check Do Not Receive EPG Data (otherwise the DVB-EPG will overwrite your imported XMLTV data!)

check Receive MediaHigway EPG Data

check Persistent EPG Data

set Compression level to 0 or 1

;)

• 1 month later...

I can t get this to work I am using the latest version of DVBViewer.

When I extract MyXMLTV files do I have to put them anyehere in particular.

When I have run it from my desktop I am able to configure all the channels fine. When I click import It seem to run fine

Loading XML and processing...

This will take some time...

Sorting EPG-Data...

Save EPG Data...

Ready.

(however this does not take a long time at all)

I have

check Do Not Receive EPG Data

check Receive MediaHigway EPG Data

check Persistent EPG Data

set Compression level to 0 and 1

But nothing happens - I must be close any ideas what I am doing wrong.

Note I am pretty sure my EPG data is good as it works in GBPVR and Mediaportal

When I extract MyXMLTV files do I have to put them anyehere in particular.

Yes, you have to put it in the actual DVBViewer config file folder; you can find the right one looking at the blue writed path you see on top of "About / Info... / Versionsinfo" window...

;)

Yes, you have to put it in the actual DVBViewer config file folder; you can find the right one looking at the blue writed path you see on top of "About / Info... / Versionsinfo" window...

;)

Right I have got it in that folder and still no luck getting the xmltv data to show in the epg. Any other ideas?

Are you shure you have put MyXMLTV.exe (not the data file!) in the right folder?

Try also to reset the epg file:

• close DVBViewer

• delete the epg.dat file

• start DVBViewer (it rebuild a empty epg.dat file)

• close DVBViewer

• import the .XML data

> tell us how big is the epg.dat file after the .XML data import...

Tell us also from where you got the .xml data file...

;)

Ah, another fundamental hint (but not totally obvious to everybody ;)) is that .XML data file must be updated and must contain valid data at least for the current day: all old data is simply unimported...

;)

Thanks for nthe tips but still no luck

" tell us how big is the epg.dat file after the .XML data import...!

10 bytes

Tell us also from where you got the .xml data file...

I use alan birtles XMLTV grabber from

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/

Here is a copy of my channels.xml file

<settings>

<section name="Main">

<entry name="XMLTVPath">C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\data.xml</entry>

<entry name="DVBViewer">

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\channels.dat

</entry>

</section>

<section name="Channels">

<entry name="UK_RT_96">2045-6301</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_110">2045-6302</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_32">2044-10060</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_132">2024-9201</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_47">2045-6316</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_45">2045-6319</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_185">2045-6304</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_1859">2054-10260</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_1961">2044-10072</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_160">2042-8335</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_48">2045-6304</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_134">2031-9342</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_2007">2037-7515</entry>

<entry name="UK_RT_2008">2037-7510</entry>

</section>

</settings>

Got it. I had to uninstall DVBViewer and then reinstall using compatibility mode previously it was installed for all users. Yes there

Many. Many thanks for you help

Nice to know, you're welcome!

:rolleyes:

I can't start myXMLTV from C:\\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer that is my DVBViewer epg directory.

Do I have to reinstall DVBViewer in other directory?

Thanks.

As Bathman state it seems that the simply way to get myXMLTV working correctly is to reinstall DVBV in "compatibility mode" (= mode 0, my type of installation from the beginning...), that install *all* file in (normally) C:\Program Files\DVBViewer folder...

Please let us know if this work for you too...

:rolleyes:

If you like to change the UserMode from UserMode=2 (All Users) to UserMode=0 (compatibility mode).

You can edit it in the ..\DVBViewer\UserMode.ini.

To get your config back copy all fills from \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\ in the DVBViewer folder.

By changing from UserMode=0 to UserMode=1/2 the DVBViewer copying the fils by it selfe.

If you like to change the UserMode from UserMode=2 (All Users) to UserMode=0 (compatibility mode).

You can edit it in the ..\DVBViewer\UserMode.ini.

To get your config back copy all fills from \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\ in the DVBViewer folder.

By changing from UserMode=0 to UserMode=1/2 the DVBViewer copying the fils by it selfe.

Thank you very much, I am going to try it this afternoon.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have been using this software with XMLTV GUI.

It works fine with Radio Times Data.

I have a subscription to DigiGuide so thought I would try to use their data since there is a grabber tool with XMTV GUI.

Here is the weird part, MyXMLTV will import radio station epg data fine grabbed from DigiGuide, yet will refuse to work with TV station data.

All very weird.

Cheers

Edited by remlap