Force standby ...

tsehov

I am not quite sure if this is a bug or just my misunderstanding. Anyway I have tried many times record tv-programs with the timer so that my laptop goes standby mode after recording. I always select in recording settings the option 'Force standby after recording' but when recording stops it does not do anything.

This is the only problem I am having with DVBViewer.

I have:

- Acer Aspire 1356L

- Windows XP Home with the latest updates

- Compro videomate U3 (USB card)

- The latest DVBViewer Pro

Thank You in advance.

Did you install the scheduler or do you use the recording service?

I have installed scheduler but it was a disappointment to me since I could not make it to wake my laptop from standby. Therefore I've been using recording service which works mostly properly (despite the 'force stanby after recording') in my laptop.

It seems, that a lot of Laptops don't support the wakeup feature from standby/hibernate

I tried scheduler once again yesterday and the problem is that it wakes laptop from standby but it does not start scheduled recording.

Mhm, did you allow the use of empty passwords (in case you don't have one)?

Yes, that is what I did.

Is there Something in the Logfile of MS Task Scheduler?? (SchedLgU.txt)

I have to check this up.

Thank You Hartwig and Oliver. I read the log file (SchedLgU.txt) and there were mentions of logon problems when using blank password. Then I started using password and now scheduler can wake up the machine from standby and start recording and even stop recording according the scheduled time. Although DVBViewer is not closed but both recording and tv program receiving stops (the program window is left open on the desktop).

The original problem still remains: the scheduler and recording service do not seem to be able to put my laptop into standby mode.