poor performance on HD channels

GuruM

I am having problem with HDtv on my pinnacle HDTV Sat USB pro

Just Pro 7 and Sat 1 hd channels work good on my machine. other channels slows down a lot.

I played with filter without success.

What are the best filters codecs for hdtv

I have pinnacle decoders, Cyber link power dvd, Nvidia Pure decoder, Core Avc codecs installed .

also when I switch to an HD channel my CPU utilization goes nearly 100 %

Any solution ?

I am having problem with HDtv on my pinnacle HDTV Sat USB pro

Just Pro 7 and Sat 1 hd channels work good on my machine. other channels slows down a lot.

I played with filter without success.

What are the best filters codecs for hdtv

I have pinnacle decoders, Cyber link power dvd, Nvidia Pure decoder, Core Avc codecs installed .

also when I switch to an HD channel my CPU utilization goes nearly 100 %

Any solution ?

Describe your computer setup.

Be sure to use the AC3audio codec.

Videocard needs to support DXVA.

Post also support.zip

Edited by Benarty

Which computer do you have and which channels? AnixeHD runs fine on my machine for example with an average cpu usage of 49%. I had to disable the dxva, since it caused those nvidia screen jam ;)

Which computer do you have and which channels? AnixeHD runs fine on my machine for example with an average cpu usage of 49%. I had to disable the dxva, since it caused those nvidia screen jam ;)

ATI has no problems with DXVA :-)

Describe your computer setup.

Be sure to use the AC3audio codec.

Videocard needs to support DXVA.

Post also support.zip

ATI has no problems with DXVA :-)

Guys Here is my setup

Sat Card: Pinnacle HDTV Sat pro USB

Machine: Acer Aspire 5632

Ram : 2 GB

Processor : Intel Duo core 2

Graphic card : Nvidia GForce 7300 256MB

OS: Windows XP ( I also have vista but pinnacle doesnt seem to have driver for vista yet for this device they will release in march according to their website)

I have no problem in playing hd movies on my machine with cyberlink power DVD

I also have no problem in playing HD FTA channels on Pinnacle media centre.

Its just in DVBViewer it takes CPU usage to nearly 100% and also get kind of freez or extremely slow. Picture and sound both lag.

Guys Here is my setup

Sat Card: Pinnacle HDTV Sat pro USB

Machine: Acer Aspire 5632

Ram : 2 GB

Processor : Intel Duo core 2

Graphic card : Nvidia GForce 7300 256MB

OS: Windows XP ( I also have vista but pinnacle doesnt seem to have driver for vista yet for this device they will release in march according to their website)

I have no problem in playing hd movies on my machine with cyberlink power DVD

I also have no problem in playing HD FTA channels on Pinnacle media centre.

Its just in DVBViewer it takes CPU usage to nearly 100% and also get kind of freez or extremely slow. Picture and sound both lag.

support.zip is still missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem, I explain:

-when I try to watch Sat.1 HD or Pro7 HD, it's runing cool, abotut 80% max of my CPU is used. So the picture is runing good and well.

-when I try to watch PREMIERE HD, my CPU is runing @ 100% the whole time I watch the channel (= picture freez etc.). OR, if I record a sample from PREMIERE HD and watch it after then, my CPU is only used @ 80%...

So what's the matter ? Because it's exactly the same picture which is displayed, the only difference is that one is transmitted by sat, the other one is directly played from the hard drive. Maybe DVBViewer requires too much :bounce:

cya then :biggrin:

Edited by carlcox
Maybe that you are decrypting Premiere HD within software? ... which is illegal BTW!

Maybe in Germany and Austria but not in all countries.

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem, I explain:

-when I try to watch Sat.1 HD or Pro7 HD, it's runing cool, abotut 80% max of my CPU is used. So the picture is runing good and well.

-when I try to watch PREMIERE HD, my CPU is runing @ 100% the whole time I watch the channel (= picture freez etc.). OR, if I record a sample from PREMIERE HD and watch it after then, my CPU is only used @ 80%...

IMHO your CPU (D820) is not powerful enough. Live decoding is more critical than decoding a recording. If you're not using a hardware descrambler (no discussion possible) it will be worse though the DVBViewer's devs apparently have improved the performance for other methods :biggrin:

thanks guys, I made a few tests accordings to your says. :biggrin:

The CPU was in fact too slow. :wacko:

After an OC from 2.80GHz (basic frequency of D820 series) to 3.54GHz, I've got a picture wich is runing good and well in live reception. :bounce:

My CPU temp reachs about 55° C and the use run a cyle: 54% to 97% (this with CoreAVC wich is the less consuming H.264 codec.) :bounce:

The point is, the picture is runing good and well without any H.264 GPU accelerator. Gonna try to OC to 3.6 or 3.8 :bounce: wich is the max for D820 series' OC.

cya next mates. :bounce: