which dvb-c card?

Chiefcooker

hy everyone, i`ve used now the pinnacle 400e usb2 box with DVBViewer, it it always works flawless. first i want to thank all devs for this nice software.

so, now i've cable tv, so i have to sell my pinnacle and i want to buy a card for cable tv now, which works perfect with DVBViewer and my pc. (or notebook)

if its possible i want to buy a extern usb2 card again. (because of the notebook)

please help me, thx

my sys:

athlon xp 2400+ with 2200MHz

1GB Ram (333)

xfx nvidia 7600GTX ######

my notebook:

mobile p4 3,06GHz with hypertreading

1GB Ram (333 i think)

ati radeon mobility 9000

the pinnacle card worked very well with my devices.

regards, chief ;)

so, now i've cable tv, so i have to sell my pinnacle and i want to buy a card for cable tv now, which works perfect with DVBViewer and my pc. (or notebook)

if its possible i want to buy a extern usb2 card again. (because of the notebook)

Hello,

I have buy me after x-number of cards a Digital Everewhere FireDTV.

You can use with with both your notebook and your desktop-pc.

You only need a firewire connection. :huh:

The best I ever had, very most expansive, but make not my mistake: save the money and buy and test again and again. FireDTV/Floppy DTV ;) is the best for all DVB C/S... I think. For the DVBViewer PRO too. :rolleyes:

Edited by villi

Yes, but....

I has the TWINHAN CAB-CI this card cost here 130 Euro.

It works good, but has some problems with ACPI-Mode S 3 - I have blue screen on restart, not ever, but sometimes.

Other cards with CI?

Try Technotrend Products...

Some users have problems with this too, I has a Technotrend DVB-C Card with CI and has some trouble with PID-Errors and PTS-Errors. Visual Stutter I hope you understand. And ProjectX give me the PTS and PID-Errors and there are many of this errors.

I would say digital-cable is not easy to find products, then you want a good hardware, it is very hard to find this.

And the hardware is good, but when the driver is bad.

But when you buy a

FLOPPYDTV or

FireDTV

you have no trouble from the begin. I know, they are much expensive!

It was not easy for me to buy it for so much money, but I buy other cards and have trouble...

When I has buy me the FireDTV first a has save all the money...

I only can say "Test cheaper products, when you have luck they runs without any problems" but

when they run not so you want - then you have the same as I...

You buy and test, and buy and test...

And at the end you buy a DigitalEverywhere... thats my working with Digital-Cable. :bye:

Edited by villi