Upgraded from 3.6.0.1 to 3.6.1.2 and tuning doesn't work anymore

wingzero

I own an Hauppauge HVR-3000. I upgraded to Hauppauge drivers CD 3.3c. XP SP2 with all pre-SP3 hotfixes up to December 2006 installed. DirectX February 2007 update installed.

DVBViewer 3.6.0.1 was tuning correctly on satellite using the HVR-3000 DVB-S Tuner/Demod. Now 3.6.1.2 doesn't work. Whatever transponder I try to scan it finds 0 channels just like it wasn't tuning at all. Why ? That's the question here.

I'm going to try downgrading to the previous version if I can't find a way to have version 3.6.1.2 work correctly just like the 3.6.0.1 did before. There must be some serious bugs causing this behaviour. The update mantained my previous channel scans database/list but even if I try selecting any of the 1200+ channels it found with version 3.6.0.1 on Hotbird satellites, I get nothing. Just a blank screen, no errors, nothing. It seems to try tuning but it just doesn't.

I downgraded back to 3.6.0.1 and it works perfectly just like before. If and when I will try switching back to the latest release, currently 3.6.1.2, I will remember posting you the setup config files from the installation directories as stated on your bug reporting instructions there.

However, what's for sure it that 3.6.1.2 introduced some serious bugs preventing it from working correctly with the Hauppauge HVR-3000 and probably other DVB-S capable Hauppauge cards using the same drivers.

I needed to downgrade quickly to record some shows off of some tv channels on satellite. But the fact that the latest 3.6.1.2 just doesn't work while the 3.6.0.1 does is a fact.

Edited by wingzero
Guest Lars_MQ
However, what's for sure it that 3.6.1.2 introduced some serious bugs preventing

Until this is confirmed by other users who are interessted in giving infos, I see no need for further investigations.

I own an Hauppauge HVR-3000. I upgraded to Hauppauge drivers CD 3.3c. XP SP2 with all pre-SP3 hotfixes up to December 2006 installed. DirectX February 2007 update installed.

DVBViewer 3.6.0.1 was tuning correctly on satellite using the HVR-3000 DVB-S Tuner/Demod. Now 3.6.1.2 doesn't work. Whatever transponder I try to scan it finds 0 channels just like it wasn't tuning at all. Why ? That's the question here.

I'm going to try downgrading to the previous version if I can't find a way to have version 3.6.1.2 work correctly just like the 3.6.0.1 did before. There must be some serious bugs causing this behaviour. The update mantained my previous channel scans database/list but even if I try selecting any of the 1200+ channels it found with version 3.6.0.1 on Hotbird satellites, I get nothing. Just a blank screen, no errors, nothing. It seems to try tuning but it just doesn't.

Same problem DVBViewer 3.6.1.0 + SS2 (driver 4.4.0) + WinXPSP2

th_48979_Skanowanie_DVBV_122_22lo.jpg

support.zip

Edited by markos

I do not know if it is related but I cannot seem to scan for channels using 3.6.1.2 version. I use FireDTV with latest BDA drivers v4.7 and the scan finish without finding any channels. I did not try to scan channels in version 3.6.0.2 so I do not know if it worked there. If my problem is the same as the thread author, then this problem is not related to only Hauppauge receivers. I use Windows XP SP2 with latest patchlevel.

Same problem DVBViewer 3.6.1.0 + SS2 (driver 4.4.0) + WinXPSP2

th_48979_Skanowanie_DVBV_122_22lo.jpg

Lots of errors.

511MB? where did the 1MB go?

I would do a memtest86 first and only if memtest reports no problems after 2 passes then

you can say that another cause is the problem. That's not possible to say on this stage.

I do not know if it is related but I cannot seem to scan for channels using 3.6.1.2 version. I use FireDTV with latest BDA drivers v4.7 and the scan finish without finding any channels. I did not try to scan channels in version 3.6.0.2 so I do not know if it worked there. If my problem is the same as the thread author, then this problem is not related to only Hauppauge receivers. I use Windows XP SP2 with latest patchlevel.

Remove v4.7 of FireDTV.

Download the fireDTV BDA setup 3.0 light and install it.

http://www.digital-everywhere.com/cms/en/c...p-3-0-Light.zip

Be sure to scan for hardware chenge in DVBViewer.

The other poster is not using fireDTV, and if he would, then it's not recognized correctly.

Hi all. I am a new user, bought DVBViewer this week and I cannot scan any channels either.

Here is my config:

Have a dualboot system, boot1 is MCE Swedish with rollup2 and all updates and boot2 is WinXP Pro SP2 and all updates.

AMD X2 4200+

2GB RAM

Asus Nvidia 8800GTS

Haupauge HVR-4000 (Hybrid card)

DiseqC switch for 4 lnbs (using LnbA for Thor, and LnbB for Sirius)

The two boots above are clean, and only have the Cyberlink PowerDVD that came with the HVR-4000 card.

Terrestial works just fine, it finds 37 channels, but satelite (Sirius 2,3 and Thor 2, 3) cant find any channels.

Here comes the strange parts, if I boot my other harddrive with a WinXP installation I sometimes manage to scan channels, sometimes Thor and sometimes Sirius. Have tried the DiseqC settings PosA/OptA and Simple A for Thor, and PosA/OptB and Simple B for Sirius (SimpleB was the one working for Sirius) also tried symbolrate 24500 alone and with the default 22000, 27500 but cant get it to work. Have also tried import Europe.ini that I found in a Swedish forum but it wont work. (myTheatre works with both Terrestial and Satelite so I dont think its anything wrong with the hardware).

BTW, where under download do I find 3.6.0.1, can only find the latest release 3.6.1.2 and a quite old version 3.2.6, would very much like to test 3.6.0.1 if that one works for me.

Anyway since I am new to this I guess there can be millions of things I do wrong so will continue to test. BTW, I do have ghost backups of all boots, and they are clean from both myTheatre and DVBViewer so I can easily make system clean if any of you guys thinks there can be anything wrong with installation.

//Posti2ggr