Common Interface...two cards two problems...

chrispazz

Hello!

I am using DVBViewer Pro version and I am trying two different DVB-S cards with common interface to decide which of them keep for "production" HTPC. The cam in use is a Matrix Reborn with NCAS firmware (regular Sky subscription card).

I am trying a Nova-CI-S from Hauppauge with 4.4.10 BDA drivers from Technotrends.

:radscorpion:

With this card all works ok as long as I insert the cam with PC on and running. The cam is recognized and started correctly and I can watch encr. channels. If I shutdown or simply standby (S1 or S3), on restarting or resuming the pc, the cam is no longer recognized and the only way to get it working again is to take it out from CI slot and then insert it again. Obviously I cannot do that everytime I put my HTPC to sleep.

The second card I am trying is a Twinhan DVB-S 1034 mantis with CI.

:)

I am using 1.0.2.9 BDA drivers from DigitalRise. With this card I can recognize the cam but I can watch encrypted channels only if I press DESCRAMBLE button in MCE_CI utility. DVBViewer does recognize the CI slot and I can access my CAM menu but I can only see FTA channels inside DVBViewer.

Someone has any idea to let me use one of this satellite cards?

Thank you very much...

Christian

PS attached is mantis.txt from mantistool.

mantis.txt

Edited by chrispazz