Multiple Instances Of Channels

charlieram

when i scan for available channels on DVB-C NTL UK with a transponder ini file containing 63 frequencies it shows more like 130 transponders to scan, it scans succesfully but it seems to find 3 instances of each channel (some tune successfully and some do not) is there anyway to find just the ones that work rather than going through 600+ channels

I think and some one more knowledgeable may correct me your find other language version of the same channel I am not on cable but get two of each on DVB-T.

The way I deal with it is to organise the channels I am interetsed in into favourites and use that for channel selection.

I guess DVBV can't tell if the channel are versions of the same channel, I do wounder how set top boxes manage to ignore the intractive services etc when they organise a channal scan??