Would Be Very Grateful For Help

finepics

Forgive me if this should be in the newbs section but I do have a real problem and need some help. I have been happily running DVB 3.6 with Vista Business for some months now using a V-Gear MobiDTV stick until tonight when I was messing around with the options and must have done something that has now changed something in DVB. If I now try to change channel through either EPG or from the right click channel menu I can select ITV 1-4 but not ITV Play (not that I'd want that), C$, Film 4+1, E4 and More 4 but for all the others I get an error "No Hardware Found". The only two things I know I changed in the options was to uncheck the Control Bar Pop Up Delay box to disable the control bar, selected to use High priority and Use only first CPU.

I have a P4 3.2HT CPU which is why I selected this last option as I do get stuttering and freezing quite frequently when there is a lot of chip activity, in the thought that it might cure that. I have also just upgraded my RAM to 3gb of memory sticks (which I'm not sure if ithey have a problem as the Support tool shows it has only having 2gb of RAM?) and a 1gb ReadyBoost pen drive

How can I return it to the previous albeit sometimes stuttery state (I cannot see a restore defaults option) or do I have to uninstall and re-install?

I have attached the necessary log files except for setup.ini (I cannot see this file) and support tool report. Many thanks for looking and any help you can give.

DVBViewer.log

setup.xml

support.zip

Edited by finepics
I get an error "No Hardware Found".

First 'd check the channel parameters (Channel -> Channel Editor) and compare the working channels with the non-working. You would get this error message if the channels are set to to the wrong tuner type (cable or satellite). Does re-scanning solve the problem?

Its often the simplest things that one forgets to try - worked like a dream - many thanks indeed. I should also like to add how pleased I am with the DVB generally - it is a million miles from the crappy software that came with this TV stick and for 15 euros you cannot beat it.

• 1 year later...

I have the MobiDTV stick and think the Arcsoft soft is rubbish....

I have read somewhere on the forum a list of supported devices and this is not on the list :D

I have download the 'channel list' editor, as suggested, as I DO NOT have DBviewer YET! But there appears to be no settings to adjust... how can I test if the MobiDTV works? BEFORE buying DVBViewer?

I am certainly willing to pay the 15 euros (not very good exchange rate Vs the £ :) )

Here is the compatibility list: http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=features

Which does not appear to include the MobiDTV stick

I waited, waited... (I am not usually that impatient!) :bye:

Anyway, I eventually realised that I had downloaded the 'editor.zip' by mistake, no wonder it would work! The download page IS a little misleading, not very well segregated!!

Anyway, downloaded the Transedit_MMC_Demo.zip file and run it (no install required!!! I like that!) and it works great, so now I know this MobiDTV pro stick works, so I will be off to download and buy it. I even got Virgin 1 (UK) to work, which that cr*p software supplied couldbt detect it.

errrr, thanks for nothing! As usual I answered my own question(s)

Weird how there is no enquiry email contact on the main web site, to ask about this simply question.

Maybe the:

Here is the compatibility list: http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=features

should now include this MobiDTV stick?