Can't Use Ffdshow Audio Decoder?

antdude

In DVBViewer's Settings -> Options -> DirectX, I can't seem to put ffdshow Audio Decoder for MPEG Audio Decoder and MPEG AC3 Decoder. I keep ending up with Cyberlink Audio Decoder from PowerDVD 7 when I check the filters.

I can use these decoders in Windows Media Players (v6.4 and v10) and Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0 without any problems. I would like to use ffdshow since it seems to do better for my audio setup than AC3 Filter and Cyberlink Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7).

Am I doing something wrong or missed something? I am using ffdshow revision 971 (3/9/2007) from K-Lite Codec Full Pack v2.85. Thank you in advance. :bye:

Edited by antdude
Here it works. Most likely you didn't enable the MP1/MP2 and AC3 format in the codec section of the ffdshow audio decoder configuration.
OK, I only had AC3 for liba52. I changed MP1/MP2 from disabled to mp3lib, libmad, and Aud-x. None of those worked.

I also tried re-enabling my AC3 Filter and then tried changing the audio decoders. That made no differences with ffdshow.

Edited by antdude